EM 15/16

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
micker
Elementalist

EM 15/16

Post by micker »

Anyone know if the pets gain a level with EM 15 and 16?? My EM 14 pet is level 94, one level higher then EM 13. I can get an em15 ear but will he ver pricey, was wondering if there was a decent jump from 14-15, at least a level jump. That would make the EM 16 pet level 96!!??
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: EM 15/16

Post by Aumeldarie »

I went from an EM 14 to an EM 16 so I can't say how the increase from 14 to 15 is but EM 16 does bring our pets up to an even con at lvl 95.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Did you notice a decent jump in the pets with EM 16??
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

It was a noticeable difference in tanking but because of the timing of when I got it and the inadvertent pet nerf my em 14 was doing more on raid mobs before the nerf than my em 16 is doing now. I parsed both the em 14 and the em16 out recently on a test dummie with just our buffs and weapons and there was a small increase with the 16 it's just harder to see on raid mobs atm :evil:
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

What was the pet nerf, haven't played in awhile??
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Those morons still havn't fixed the pet issue?

Savil
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

micker wrote:What was the pet nerf, haven't played in awhile??

Pet dps dropped a substantial amount after the patch that fixed pets ignoring mob immunities. I think most believe something in that patch "broke" our pets. It's mostly on raid mobs that I have noticed the difference and I believe that is what others are reporting also. My barely buffed earth pet does more damage on most named burns while doing hunter (mage, ench, wizzy in group)than my raid buffed water pet does on raids even on the fights with a bard, which is just wrong.

To savil: no nothing has been fixed or even a public acknowledgement that there is a problem. Piemastaj is asking for mages to submit raid parses of pets to him so he can show the devs that this issue does exist.
Last edited by Aumeldarie on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Yes, people are reporting lower dps from pets but the cause of such is still a mystery. Pet base templates haven't changed so it isn't that. We checked buffs and it wasn't that either. There are some other ideas floating around. It's also possible that what it is does affect group damage but in a group setting the change may be too small whereas a raid could easily magnify the issue, making it noticeable there.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

micker, our pets weapon procs don't automatically land on mobs now. If the mob has immunities they can fail to land.

Guys, is that change not what's causing this? Is the DPS down on raid mobs where they aren't resistant?
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

I thought the patch was just innate process from pets. Didnt think that included pet weapons. Didn't even know the weapon procs weren't resistable.