PET PARSES

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Domaa Klein

Re: PET PARSES

Post by Domaa Klein »

85 sec for herald of oratory
41 sec for first priest
53 sec for second priest
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

PJ and I did some work last night. All types of pets are freezing, it isn't just the normal pets. We checked the clicky pets last night and I checked servant of Ro today. They all freeze (if you want to call it that) in which they just stop processing and stand there. When they unfreeze, they will sometimes (always?) double their next action.

With some more digging and help from PJ, we nailed it down specifically to the F2P patch.

Unfortunately, since it's affecting all pets, it's beyond Aristo but I've moved it on to code. Like PJ said, we've gathered all we can about it. Now that code knows, it's up to them to find it and fix it.

I know it isn't much info but that's all I have for now.

*Note: Not everyone will notice the freeze for whatever reason. What everyone will notice is that the number of attempts by the pet will be less and it directly correlates to the pet freeze. If your attempts are down, your pet froze somehow, somewhere. Also, it's possible that the freeze is random so you might sometimes get it, sometimes not. In the end, the freeze is happening.
Domaa Klein

Post by Domaa Klein »

That explains what happened in CoB the other day. So we are raiding CoB and my group is the first group to head up to send pet at one archer rs on second pop pet goodies get to third archer wait for pet to catch up .. send pet in .. smurf pet looked at me like i was retarded. I sent rs on 3rd archer tried to get pet to go after 4th , 5th or 6th archer for my side .. nothing. Just looked at me like it didn't even get the message to attack. Even though i know he did i have an AT set up that clicks when i get charchar tells you, attacking ... somthing like that. I remember hearing the clicks but again pet just stood there.

Not sure if that info helps narrow down any issue just passing it along.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Thanks, Domaa.
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

EM 16 water pet, only 25 hits of VT, FBO, Lion Maw 2, burnout rk 3, Iceflame rk 2, arcane distillect rk 2, tier 2 bp click, rk2 shaman stuffs, no auspice

/tell Nylrem Mobstopper -vs- Combined: High Priest Vyers Rinad: -- DMG: 2291226 -- DPS: 7050 -- Scaled: 6839 -- Slash: 1286525 -- DirDmg: 649877 -- Backstab: 354824 -- Non-crit rate: 73.1% -- crit rate: 26.9% -- Attempts: 954 -- Hits: 762 -- Missed: 149 -- Defended: 43 -- Accuracy: 83.6% -- Avg Hit: 3006 -- Max hit: 23400 -- DMG to PC: 0
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

sorry, forgot to add the specific line you requested from the overview tab, for same fight:

/gsay Combined: High Priest Vyers Rinad in 335s, 104691k @312511dps -- Mobstopper (Nylrem) 2291k @7050dps (2.19%)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

As a workaround, is it possible to suspend and then repop the pet to get it to clear whatever is fubar'd?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

No, it happens with pets not summoned in the zone. It happens with pets summoned in the zone. It happens with pets brought into the zone from suspend minion. There is an issue with the instances, and the way pets function during the instances.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I understand that. I mean if you see it happen, can you suspend the pet and then pop it back out to clear whatever the problem is? Or are you stuck until the server unsticks it itself?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Your stuck. It is not the pets, it is the instances like I said. There isn't anything we can change to make them not broken, it requires code work to get done.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams