New AA's for Next Expansion:

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

New AA's for Next Expansion:

Post by Piemastaj »

Time to spin up the AA machine..

Let's start hearing your ideas for new ones, upgrades, changes, etc.

^Was posted by Elidroth today.

Post your ideas here, or you can send them to myself or Voragath.

Would like to note, I will allow discussion on them, but if it turns into flames I will be removing posts ect. This is supposed to make progress, not piss people off.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: New AA's for Next Expansion:

Post by Piemastaj »

With the recent changes we should be getting, and hopefully our pets will be fixed I think we should start looking towards some personal utility AAs and such. Like Evac, possibly a self-only fade ect. Possibly get CoN to work on more targets.

Now, that is not to say I will not be pushing to get Elemental Union, Fire Core, Virulent Talon and FBO increased that is merely saying we should be pretty solid in DPS now. I think we can start branching out to make our class a bit more complete and such.

That is just my opinion though.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Self only Evac: Pretty much explains itself, we need a way to remove ourselves from harm if a pull goes wrong or we get trained ect.

Frenzied Burnout: Now our pets are at about 85 to 90% accuracy on most fights with bard epic and stuff, is there anychance we can get Accuracy added to our FBO so pets can max-out at 100% for it? I am unsure if our pets do this but what about Double and Triple attack increases also?

Fire Core: This simply needs to be higher. Wizards have had a 150% modifier on their burn disc since SoD. Fire Core is only at 110% now, it needs an increase to make us viable in a burst scenario. Another issue is, You added Spell Crit Direct Damage % to Vapor Core which is excellent. However Vapor Core will not get used over Fire Core(Silent Casting nullifies aggro), is there a chance we can get the same modifier or even slightly less modifier on Fire Core since you obviously want us to get that benefit?

Mod Rod: Can we please get a better version? We should be reaching about 80 to 82k mana in VoA, which means the current rod adds about 9% mana back every 5 minutes. I would assume we will be close to reaching 95 to 100k mana in the next expansion, our AA rods need a huge bump for them to even be relevant with those type of numbers. Please don't let these get as bad off as our Spell rods were, we stopped even using them they were so pathetic.

Companion of Necessity: We could really use some re-use decrease on this ability. It only works on 2 mobs or fewer, and it is a complete blurr which also limits its useability.

Drape of Shadows: We got this ability back in Underfoot, and yet it is one of the worst if not the worst fade in the game. It requires our pet to be alive, to be near us, to have the pet stop attacking, and for us to manually invis ourself for it to even work. This also requires us to make our own hotkey so that it actually works. Now, seriously when do we need to fade? When our pet is dead, Drape does not allow us to do that. Drape does not invis us, and it has a 5min 25 second recast timer. Can we please get Drape re-worked, or just scrap it and make a self-only fade? We have Summon Companion to deal with our regular pets aggro.

Virulent Talon: What do you see this AA as? Is it intended to be a Burn AA or a sustained AA? Personally I think it lacks to be either, and it is just a bonus type thing. Now don't get me wrong I think its an excellent AA and it exceeded my expectations, but to me it seems like it could be so much more. If it is intended for a Burn AA (which the 30 counters and 17min recast leads me to believe it is), imho it does not have enough pop, or it does not proc fast enough. If it was intended to be a Sustained disc it has entirely too few counters. When I first came up with this idea it was my intention that it would be up 24/7 (similar to regular poisons), it obviously got morphed I just wish we could make it a true Sustained or a true Burn disc.

Elemental Forms: You said we should discuss this, I sent you a PM about my ideas and got no response back about it. I would love to get these revamped, and I believe they need a solid increase to do so. Also, should be relatively easy increases since you will just be adding to already current AAs.

^I sent these off on April 16th.

Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote: Now, that is not to say I will not be pushing to get Elemental Union, Fire Core, Virulent Talon and FBO increased that is merely saying we should be pretty solid in DPS now.
Are you saying the 3K from temp pets and changes to Many covers the dps gap we need?

Can't remember what was said about this one, but one AA I'm still hoping for is:

Pet swap - Switch between current pet and pocketed pet.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

There is another thread for AA's. I'll clean it up later tonight/tomorrow morning. (Edit: For people to reference if necessary to get the ideas going. We'll be using this thread now for ideas)

We need to start thinking of spells too.
Last edited by Voragath on Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Sillaen wrote:
Piemastaj wrote: Now, that is not to say I will not be pushing to get Elemental Union, Fire Core, Virulent Talon and FBO increased that is merely saying we should be pretty solid in DPS now.
Are you saying the 3K from temp pets and changes to Many covers the dps gap we need?

Can't remember what was said about this one, but one AA I'm still hoping for is:

We need new ideas. Pet swap is known and asking for it again isn't going to make it happen. It requires a complete overhaul on pet code so isn't going to happen anytime soon--closer to never actually.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sillaen wrote:

If we can get the clicky pets fixed up right they will be bringing about 8k DPS apiece over 43 seconds, which is a burning period. On top of our new Strike is going to be doing slightly more then a bolt and our HoT Spear per cast now, which means every weave we are getting an extra Spear and Bolt cast for about 1500 mana vs 4k mana. Both of these should greatly increase us, I can forsee us hitting the 80k range now on burns, which is where I personally think we should be.

I would rather us stick to New stuff not stuff that was already sent off and such. I am sure we would all love pet swap, but clearly they do not want or have the time to do it.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Just came up with something. How about an AA (or a series of AA's) similar to FBO but instead of increasing their attack rate make their innate procs increase in damage and frequency. Either have it stack or overwrite FBO (or whatever is deemed acceptable). Longish reuse time, short duration and along with some AA's that reduce reuse time and duration. Just to pull some numbers out of the air to illustrate my idea:

Heightened Agression
Rank 1: Increase innate procrate by 50%, increase innate proc damage by 50%. Duration 5 ticks. Reuse 15 minutes
Rank 2: Increase innate procrate by 100%, increase innate proc damage by 100%. Duration 5 ticks. Reuse 15 minutes
Rank 3: Increase innate procrate by 150%, increase innate proc damage by 150%. Duration 5 ticks. Reuse 15 minutes

Yea this would mostly be a fire pet type AA but it could also be situationally useful for the other pets. Now if things were worked out I could see something like this being switched around, turned into a spell to be placed on pets and used to help fix pet dps on raids more than anything.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Regarding pet swap. It is not as difficult as it was b4 now that merc swap has been added to the game.
If you think about it. Mercs are still coded differently than PCs and NPCs. The same code that allowed the functionality for mercs to be suspended and switched could easily allow a 2nd tab to be added to the pet window, just like the merc window with 4 possible pets. Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Fully buffed, timelocked, and available.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:Regarding pet swap. It is not as difficult as it was b4 now that merc swap has been added to the game.
If you think about it. Mercs are still coded differently than PCs and NPCs. The same code that allowed the functionality for mercs to be suspended and switched could easily allow a 2nd tab to be added to the pet window, just like the merc window with 4 possible pets. Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Fully buffed, timelocked, and available.
Mercs are completely separate from pet code. So completely separate. Calling mercs pets and saying they are the same thing, is like calling a powerwheel a car. It just isn't.

Pet swap needs a pet code overhaul. Period. If they do overhaul the code, we'll get it because it's on the list of "if x ever happens, then so must y."