New AA's for Next Expansion:

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: New AA's for Next Expansion:

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:What about even bigger modulation shards?
I have discussed mod rods and our mana issues with the devs. The suggestion has been brought up to them by pretty much everyone in the community as well. They are aware and we'll see if they do anything with the info.
Ryino
Trial Member

Post by Ryino »

It would be handy to have some way to shrink the RS pets. I normally like the big gargs in a group setting but during raids it would be nice to have the option of them coming out shrunk.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Not sure if it was mentioned but a pet swap aa would be nice to toggle through suspended/active pets. Use the 5 min merc timer. Can't use in combat.

Just a thought
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Pet Swap has been mentioned quite a few times. It would appear the code is in place (the merc system), but converting that to pet code is a whole different ballpark. Then if they can feasibly do that, they need to then think it is a good idea for us to have it.

As to the mod rod dealio, we need an increase plain and simple. The current rod is around 8% of my mana pool right now, next expansion we will be lucky to have that be 5% of our mana pool. Elidroth can not be allowed to let these new mod rods fall by the wayside like our spell ones did. I do not intend to allow him to 'forget' the mod rods, they are our minor niche on raids.

Our mana issues should be a non-factor. Elidroth was open to discussing boosting our elemental forms (which those were boosted to standards I thought would suit us, I think those are posted in this thread). We should hopefully be getting an increased mod rod, and possibly getting our thaum line adjusted to get with current times. Depending on where we go with those things, then we can see where we need some love.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I hate to ask, but aren't the devs "open" to discussing upgraded elemental forms EVERY expansion? Yet here we are...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Actually in VOA Beta IRC Elidroth was not willing because of how old the AAs were. All AAs are not open for improvements every year.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Piemastaj wrote:Actually in VOA Beta IRC Elidroth was not willing because of how old the AAs were. All AAs are not open for improvements every year.
I find that really dumb. These are mage only AAs, and while old, they could be used to give one of the things we need most - more mana regen. Could be a perfect solution to things that plague magicians.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Dorf, that was my thought process. I may have (I don't think I did personally) asked about them in an odd way, but he was still iffy on the cocept (believe he laughed at the question).

Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Since the second half of RoF is coming out soon is it too late to request new or upgrades to AA's for this release? Should this thread be used for that or would it be better to start a new thread? Yes I have something specific in mind (more levels if replenish companion) but would like to know what the best way of going about that is.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Everyone who was in Beta will be in this Beta next week (Believe it starts the 20th).

I would imagine 99% of the things we will be getting will be already made and just need to be tested. IIRC we already got more ranks of Replenish in RoF, this mini expan is a continuation of RoF not an entirely new expansion so to speak. So I would imagine we wont be able to get too much more of what we already have (like us getting more ranks of Fire Core would be off the table I would imagine). But it can never hurt to ask, myself or Vora will be able to bring it up.

Side note: Could be off base with what I said above, but just a guess. I would imagine we get things increased that did not get increased with RoF.

You can continue this thread with ideas and such. This will be our New AA thread until Elidroth asks for more ideas for the next major expansion. When that time comes I will make a new thread and this one will fall by the wayside, but I will keep track of the ideas for that new expan.