Double XP in a few zones until May 9 patch

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Miphon
Elementalist

Double XP in a few zones until May 9 patch

Post by Miphon »

This is unexpected. Double normal XP in the zones listed below until the monthly patch hits.

http://www.everquest.com/news/article?m ... &id=524258

Kaesora
Sebilis
The Buried Sea
Fortress Mechanotus
The Grounds
Auedayr
Trial Member

Re: Double XP in a few zones until May 9 patch

Post by Auedayr »

It was pretty nice 33% of an aa per kill in The Grounds
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Bah!

Server downtime was in effect before I could even log in to take advantage. Was such short notice I don't see the point of the exercise apart from frustrating people who missed out.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

A lot of people do things on weekends. A lot of people don't do things on weekends.

Most double exp sessions are done on weekends, meaning they eliminate a population of EQ players who can not play during the weekend. This was a solid idea in that it gives people a reason to go back to some zones and it allows people who play during the week some extra EXP.

Was done out of good faith I think for all of server troubles we have been having. They did not need to do this, but it is nice that they did.

Can take it how you want I guess.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

I have no issue with the idea, it's the execution of it that irks. The notice was posted at midday on the 8th and the servers were down for the monthly patch at 3am on the 9th. Not much of a window of opportunity to take advantage of it. At least when they do it on a weekend you have a couple of days to enjoy it.

I'm in Australia so the short timing was even worse. I saw the Twitter post appear and the servers were down by the time I got home to try to log on. So it goes I guess. Hopefully next time they will give advance warning.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I didn't even see this until after it was over, so meh.