Buffs/Burn: Raid

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Buffs/Burn: Raid

Post by Piemastaj »

Update:

I merely just put new spell names where old ones were.

I was really bad and left off Black wolf from this list, that was added and I removed Reluctant Benevolence seeing as it will not land on us anymore. Also did not have our self mana regen buff, which this expansion trumps druid for mana regen.

I will be adding a Rains update when I am more confident in an answer. There will be parses posted as well for any1 curious as to how conclusions were made. I am hoping to have Rains up and in the guide with in the next few weeks.

As always if any questions arise you can send me a tell or PM me in-game (Xegony.Piemastaj) or PM me on these boards for clarification. If anything is missing and you feel it needs to be added, also post here or contact me.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote: Also did not have our self mana regen buff, which this expansion trumps druid for mana regen.
Turns out that was always supposed to be the case. The fact it flip-flopped for a few expansions was due to errors. Our self regen should always be more than the druid one (even if it is one point, heh). The druid buff is supposed to be a choice if we want the other benefits over our regen.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Voragath wrote:
Piemastaj wrote: Also did not have our self mana regen buff, which this expansion trumps druid for mana regen.
Turns out that was always supposed to be the case. The fact it flip-flopped for a few expansions was due to errors. Our self regen should always be more than the druid one (even if it is one point, heh). The druid buff is supposed to be a choice if we want the other benefits over our regen.

Are they ever going to fix hand of piety debuffing it?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Probably not. I brought this up once and the problem becomes moving the slot around. If they move it from that slot they run the risk of breaking something else. However, when I brought it up to Eli, I suggested a slot to place it in that wouldn't break anything else that PC's had.

In the end, HoP is gonna knock it off and we just have to deal with it. Maybe one day we get lucky and more spell effect slots are created for spells.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Anyone have an up to date list of the alt activate codes anywhere? I can't find them anywhere.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Which ones' Sillaen? Most are on eqaasearch.org and Crystilla has the mage info now. She should be updating in the next few weeks. The only thing that has changed is focus of arcanum:

Empowered focus is: 774
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Voragath wrote:Which ones' Sillaen? Most are on eqaasearch.org and Crystilla has the mage info now. She should be updating in the next few weeks. The only thing that has changed is focus of arcanum:

Thanks, that the main one I was looking for.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Sillaen wrote:
Voragath wrote:Which ones' Sillaen? Most are on eqaasearch.org and Crystilla has the mage info now. She should be updating in the next few weeks. The only thing that has changed is focus of arcanum:

Thanks, that the main one I was looking for.
You're welcome =)
Last edited by Voragath on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cener

Post by Cener »

In your original post you list the weave as RS-Salvo-Spear-Spear. There are a lot of times that I have an extra second before this refreshes. Should I use that time to use a clicky or maybe put a bolt/sands spell after this? I have implemented a lot of this and have improved my DPS a lot. In fact I tend to be in the top 3 on my guilds parse for most targets. Thank you for the write up.

Cener ThePunted
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Cener wrote:In your original post you list the weave as RS-Salvo-Spear-Spear. There are a lot of times that I have an extra second before this refreshes. Should I use that time to use a clicky or maybe put a bolt/sands spell after this? I have implemented a lot of this and have improved my DPS a lot. In fact I tend to be in the top 3 on my guilds parse for most targets. Thank you for the write up.

Cener ThePunted
Any clickies you use should fit in the recast delay time in between regular spell casting. Adding a lower dps bolt or sand spell is actually worse for your total dps. Just letting that extra second go keeps you casting the higher dps spells faster when using the RS-salvo-spear-spear weave, resulting in what most find to be higher dps.
Last edited by dorfillya on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.