Buffs/Burn: Raid

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Enkel
Elementalist

Re: Buffs/Burn: Raid

Post by Enkel »

Cielli wrote:Was at about 58 ms at my last apartment using At&t Uverse. ( max download speed was about 800kb )

Now 41ms using Cox Cable internet service ( max download speed 2-3mb )

These are not the advterised speeds, but the actual download speeds I've observed.
Are you getting megabits and megabytes confused by chance? Megabytes (MB) are 8 Megabits combine (Mb). If a company says they're giving you 30 mb/s, its really 3.75 megabytes. MB and Mb lead to a lot of consumer confusion.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Voragath wrote:
Fleiss wrote:
Enkel wrote:I have a 40 ms, so don't know how much lag you have @ 300,
That is pretty insane, you just plug right into the server? I thought mine hanging at 90 to 100 was good.
Yes he does. He must be that guy Eli bitches about hanging around in the server room when he goes there for maintenance. Eli says he has a thing for big macs with peanut butter O.O
You simply must be confusing me with Frank! I eat big macs with jelly, not peanut butter. Eli only bitches about me because I refuse to grab him a McChicken during lunch break. And for the love of God, I am tech support, of course I hang around in the server room, its my job!
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Enkel wrote:
Cielli wrote:Was at about 58 ms at my last apartment using At&t Uverse. ( max download speed was about 800kb )

Now 41ms using Cox Cable internet service ( max download speed 2-3mb )

These are not the advterised speeds, but the actual download speeds I've observed.
Are you getting megabits and megabytes confused by chance? Megabytes (MB) are 8 Megabits combine (Mb). If a company says they're giving you 30 mb/s, its really 3.75 megabytes. MB and Mb lead to a lot of consumer confusion.
That IS confusing... holy crap wtf.

Whoever thought that one up. Please punch him in the face for me.

Anyway I just found this test online... to check speed. thought it was sort of neat. Here was mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Glad you found speedtest, I really like it and used to to get my provider to up my internet for free. So, your ping is fairly close to mine, and its probably because you're closer to Sony. Your speed of 19.67 mbs is really 2.458 MBs, which is exactly where you download speed is (2-3 MBs). When we see mbs we don't think of megabits because we see the final numeric unit: the gigabyte. My ping test is around 75 mbs last I checked, so 9.375 MBs. The higher speed probably allows me to have a lower ping. When google fiber comes to my area, I am getting it.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

The ping test is to a server. It will vary if you using a speedtester (their server) or to EQ (sony's server) because you are pinging different servers. Upload and download speeds matter kind of. If you have more than you need to cover your max usage, it really doesn't play a factor in ping. The problem is in the routing of the signal. If you are further away from EQ servers, than you naturally will ahve larger ping. If you have a poor ISP that doesn't route their stuff well, you will have higher ping. And as mentioned if you use your max capacity or above (like someone starts using netflix) it will slow down your ping because it is having to choose which datapackets to send instead of sending all at once. It is a simple send a message to the server you want to ping, and it reponds. How long that takes is the ping. It could be a problem on either end if it is slowing down but more likely with an online game it is your end that is the problem (though we all have seen server lag).
Roosk
Trial Member

Post by Roosk »

Whats the current burn setup for raids with EoK....returning from a break, and well looks like things have changed quite a bit.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Unfortunately Pie doesn't post here anymore and I'm sure he could write a better guide than I can, so I'd recommend talking to him in game if you want up to date info. He could write a much better guide than I can, but here's a quick (well, it was supposed to be, didn't really end up that way) guide at least with some things.

I'm not going to list out every buff like Pie does in the OP because I can't remember their names or what most of them do. If it's important I'll probably mention it. I'm mainly focused on short duration activated abilities, so while I'll include some long term buffs, there are certainly other ones that either aren't that important or you should receive in the process of raid buffing. I'm generally going to assume Druid/Enc for ADPS, though MGBable things (Auspice) and some bard stuff will be included.

Burn:

ADPS: Illusions of Grandeur, Group Spirit of the Black Wolf, Chromatic Haze, and Auspice of the Hunter. If you can swing Scarlet Cheetah Fang it's also helpful to extend the duration of twincast. Enchanter/Bard dicho are also cool. You want your enchanter nuking to proc Gift of Chromatic Haze and Beguiler's Synergy. Any other caster Synergies you can get (Conjurer's, Evoker's, Defiler's) are cool to.

Self Activated Abilities: Heart of Flames, Focus of Arcanum, Twincast (I personally start with spell then go into ITC), Glyph of the Cataclysm

Pet Abilities: Keep these on your suspended pet if possible: Frenzied Burnout, Virulent Talon, Dichotomic Companion, Zeal of the Elements, and if you have time for it to refresh before the next event, Second Spire of Elements.

Auras: Mana Reciprocation, Twincast Aura (or Amplifying Aura if your enchanter is super proactive), Arcane Distillect, Theft of Essence (will proc from Storm of Many), and Aura of Maetenrus

Notable Buffs: Cleric Spell Haste, Ancient Hedgewizard Brew, and Aura of the Void II (not that it does much). Aria of Maetanrus and Nilsara's Aria are helpful bard songs, in addition to some melee bard songs that probably help pets.

Summoned Items: Firebound Orb, Mutinous Minion, Mutinous Servant.

If you open the fight with spell TC, you want your multibind to rotate Storm of Many->Chaotic Fire->Spear of Molten Shieldstone->Spear of Blistersteel. Also use your summoned clicky pets during this time, in addition to any nuke clickies, Host of Elements, Servant of Ro, etc during GCDs (make sure to use your nuke clickies during spell TC, you can use Host/Servant during ITC).

With focus AAs and the increases in base damage it got, you really want Storm of Many paired with activated Chromatic Haze, meaning at the start of the fight. Unfortunately this presents the problem that Storm is dependent on pets being on a mob, which takes a few seconds even on bosses. You can try to get your Enchanter to hold Chromatic Haze and lead with a Chaotic/Spear cast, cast Remorseless Servant prior to starting your burn (it won't eat the CH charge), or resign yourself to mediocrity and either open with Spear or Storm.

Then follow your rotation and hope to the RNG that you proc another twincast. Use Firebound Orb during the GCD as much as possible. You can use Forceful Rejuvination after Chaotic Fire to get more Storm+Chaotic casts during the burn.

When spell TC wears off, use ITC. While ITC is running Chaotic Fire kind of sucks, since it has low base damage, Flames of Power does nothing with Heart of Flames up, and you can't proc twincast. You can still proc Flames of Weakness which will stop Heart of Flames from boosting your spells while it's up, so I really wouldn't use Chaotic during ITC.

As I see it, you have two options

Storm of Many->Spear of Molten Shieldstone->Spear of Blistersteel
Remorseless Servant->Storm of Many->Spear of Molten Shieldstone->Spear of Blistersteel

I personally generally use the first one. Not having a fourth spell in your rotation introduces dead time, but bolt's cast time is too long, slowing down your Storm casts. Bolt is very far behind our other three spells, and Storm is very far head. Therefore, I think it's better to eat the dead time and get out more Storm casts (which also means more twincasted Storms). The second rotation is also viable since RS casts fast and doesn't eat a counter of ITC. It's going to cost you some damage on most events (though RS damage varies significantly from event to event, so it's worth considering how they perform on the specific event you're doing) during a burn since RS pets aren't boosted by most ADPS, but proccing Conjurer's Synergy for your entire group makes up for this to some extent. You can put it at the end of the rotation if you want, but doing so won't have a huge impact on your overall casts because of RS's recast time.

Also keep casting Firebound Orb during the GCD.

Sustained:
I know this is a burn thread, but I figured I'd quickly (actually quickly this time) mention sustained.

Rotate Remorseless Servant->Storm of Many->Chaotic Fire->Spear of Molten Shieldstone and continue using Firebound Orb. At this point, if you have enough Mages in your guild, you can also start rotating Firebound Alliance (technically you probably should use it during your burn too, but you really probably should be using it during sustained).

Try to keep your crit chance as close as possible to 100%. Wait for Auspice to be down to use First Spire of the Elements. Get Fierce Eye/Bard Epic if you can. FE technically has a small crit damage mod, but the main benefit of the two of those are crit chance, which is generally only helpful outside of Auspice (unless you have enough Auspices to go past the duration of Black Wolf).
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Not sure if anyone will read this at this point, but while I was online I figured I might as well post this:

http://aws-website-dpscalc-h7kq8.s3-web ... lass=mage#

It's a tool made by kizant that will estimate Mage spell DPS with various ADPS/items/effects/etc.

It isn't perfect but it should be fairly accurate, and it can be useful for testing different rotations, looking at item changes, etc.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Handy thank you.