Question about VOA pet

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Greyish99

Question about VOA pet

Post by Greyish99 »

Hi, i just returned to EQ after a year break. My mage is 91 and have approx. 4500 AA's, HOT T4 groupgeared. I have the EM VI item from Convorteum. I remember reading something on this forum that for the 91 Air pet, you need EM VIII or higher, is that correct?

If so, is the 91 pet still better, or should i use the 86 Air per with the EM VI?

Thanks in advance.
Cyrick
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Question about VOA pet

Post by svenalo »

The new pets unfocused are supposed to be better than all versions of the prior pet focused...or so say the devs. I am not sure if anyone tested that though.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

svenalo wrote:The new pets unfocused are supposed to be better than all versions of the prior pet focused...or so say the devs. I am not sure if anyone tested that though.
Unless you posted this oddly, your wrong. An unfocused pet will never be better then then a focused pet unless your talking about going back multiple expansions to test this out.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I think he means, that an unfocused 91 air pet is better than any focused 86 air pet. I am not sure of the answer, but, I kind of thought this was true also.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

While that would be the obvious assumption, I would imagine an 86 pet from an EM16 focus would challenge an unfocused 91 pet partially due to the benefits provided by the cloak. Of course any focus that could affect the 91+ pets would negate that difference.
Greyish99

Post by Greyish99 »

So, i guess the questions still stands or? Is my lvl 86 Air per with EM6 from Underfoot, better than my so far unfocused 91 Air Pet from VOA?

I am using the 91 one atm, but i am not soloing, but it seems to be doing ok tanking the times my warrior goes down to a damage spike, so i guess ill be using it till i get a EM in VOA.

Cyrick
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

! Whisper Steel Loop should be fairly readily available from bazaar and should tide you over until you get something better. See the library thread for details.

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... =24&t=2789
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Cyrick, I believe you would be better off using your unfocused 91 pet than your EM6 86 pet. I also *think* (comfirm, please) that EM7 is the lowest focus that affects the VoA pets. However, it should be fairly trivial for you to get an EM7 or EM8 focus.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

Summon Servant

what is this pet do ??
How do u use this pet ing
a. group
b. raid?
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Servant pets are temporary pets. Depending on AAs and gear they last 18 seconds or a little more, and have a recast from 12-18 seconds. They do decent damage and have decent hitpoints. They will often take agro from your normal pet and tank for a bit while they are up. They are focused by any pet focus you are using. They do take a good bit of mana to cast, but, if you are chain casting them it will increase your DPS by 30% or so.

Personally, I chain cast them in both group and raid situations, except when I am using AA twincast.