whats your dps look like?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Summerfrost
Elementalist

whats your dps look like?

Post by Summerfrost »

I recently posted a 70k on valley in 112 sec. All rk3 except RS. Glyphs and no 7th and t2 fire focus. No bard but I had druid blackwolf running which overrides my fire pot.

I'm using RS, strike, spear, spear,bolt as my raid lineup.

My question is how does that compare to all of your parses? I'm always looking to improve.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: whats your dps look like?

Post by Piemastaj »

My comp is on the fritz atm, but I was told the pet bug is fixed or it is working better then before. I have also been told of 85k+ parses from Mages in my guild. I would imagine 90k+ is in the ballpark with 7th/glyph/rank 3s and T4 foci. Your parse is more of in the extended burst going towards sustained though.

You shouldn't have Bolt in your weave though. If anything toss in a quick nuke like our Sands towards the end of your weave, and even then it doesn't get really noticed until around the 3d or 4th weave iirc. Not to mention if you consider lag you probably don't even need to try a 5th nuke in there.

I made a DPS setup post in this section if you want to look at it to help you out. Before the changes to Strike and Clicky pets I was able to hit 68.4k back in like March or April over that time period, so imho that is a tad low when taking into account that number.

Just my 2cp tough.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I use bolt mainly on trash, where a servant or strike may have less effect than bolt. It's tied to a diff multibind. Thanks tho ill take q peek
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

That sounds about right, Summer. I was grabbing about 50k under a similar scenario with just a T1 (or T2?) arm without really trying.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Mine is still just a bit above the HoT crap level...that's what I get for taking 5 or 6 months off for RL reasons...
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

A guildy just hit 84,794 dps in 82 seconds in valley, with just cataclysm and druid aura, tier 3 arms. No 7th, and no clickies at all, not even minions. Going to try and post her exact spells cast (cuz i'm trying to duplicate it now myself, I was barely over 70k). Looking at her pet parse though, her water pet did almost 15k dps vs mine not even hitting 7k, same pet and focuses (not sure bout her pets equipment, my water pet had magic dd proccing weaps), same buffs, same group, standing right next to each other :(

Her actual spells cast and timeline relative to shield dropping:

-2 min: Virulent Talon
-15 sec: FBO
-10 sec: Silent Casting
-1 sec: RS Rk. II
0 sec: Forceful Rejuv
2 sec: RS Rk. II
5 sec: Enlightened Focus of Arcanum, Fire Core, First Spire
7 sec: Glyph of the Cataclysm
8 sec: Twincast Rk. III
10 sec: Spear of Molten Steel Rk. III
14 sec: Strike of Many Rk. III
17 sec: Spear of Magma Rk. III
20 sec: Bolt of Molten Steel Rk. III
24 sec: Spear of Molten Steel
27 sec: Strike of Many
28 sec: Force of Elements
30 sec: RS
31 sec: Twincast (ITC AA)
33 sec: Spear of Magma
37 sec: Spear of Molten Steel
40 sec: Strike of Many
43 sec: Bolt
47 sec: RS
50 sec: Spear of Molten Steel
53 sec: Strike
56 sec: Spear of Magma
60 sec: Bolt
63 sec: Spear of Molten Steel
67 sec: Strike
70 sec: Spear of Magma
73 sec: Bolt
77 sec: Spear of Molten Steel
81 sec: Strike

MGB Auspice was hit at about 3 seconds after shield dropped. We had 3 mag, 0 necro, 2 BST, so Strike was likely not hitting for max very often and me casting a Host about the time Herald arrived (approx 10 sec before shield dropping) probably would have alleviated some of my issues there. I think besides the pet dps difference and the RNG god kissing her on the forehead right before the fight, I have been using weave of RS, strike, spear, spear, burning sands and in our guild it's likely strike should be 3rd or possibly 4th spell even, and I guess I'm going to try bolt over burning sands, not real sure on that yet.
Last edited by Nylrem01 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

If you stack your voa BP with FBO I believe it cuts down on how much VT will proc, and the same goes for mage epic. That might be an issue with pet dps.

Also in that short a time, your only getting full dps from 4 or so servants. I have a few multibinds for when RS won't get full effect I switch to. In that bolt is what I use. Also use blazing orb with spell twincast between timers
Last edited by Summerfrost on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Post her entire DPS breakdown please. Plus pet procs. B/c w/o 100% crit chance ( w/o a bard we do not hit max), then 0 clicky pets it seems unlikely unless you had a bard. Especially with only 4 RS which generally makes up around 15 to 20k of our DPS.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Personal I'd like to see data for 80 sec fights one with RS and one with bolt. If any can supply that info would be great. I can't log my own due to smurf gpu blowing out and having to use a sub par comp atm.
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

I wasn't close enough to mob to get her dps, we generally stay a fair bit away from Herald to avoid gettin pounced on by the bruisers when they turn, can only give spells cast, I'm going off what she posted in parse channel just after fight and although I know it's definitely editable, it was about 7k dps more than the zerker posted her at, which I attributed to her pet procs.

Herald of Oratory on 9/5/2012

Aumeldarie - 34
--- Bolt of Molten Steel Rk. III - 4
--- Enlightened Focus of Arcanum - 1
--- Fire Core - 1
--- First Spire of Elements - 1
--- Force of Elements - 1
--- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
--- Frenzied Burnout - 1
--- Glyph of the Cataclysm - 1
--- Ruthless Servant Rk. II - 4
--- Silent Casting - 1