Tweyne's Stone of Evocation

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Tweyne's Stone of Evocation

Post by Piemastaj »

We would need to see probably 3 to 5k mana augs to make this aug worth replacing imho. As stated before you save more mana per cast which is never a bad thing especially w/o having a harvest type spell yet.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Malleria wrote:
edit: Oh! Keep in mind there are 2 (TWO) chests at the end for loot. Don't do what I did and run it 3 times before noticing the second chest :oops:

Just finished this raid, and there's actually 3 chests that drop if you kill off everything. Got the aug on the first try as well....I guess EQ doesn't hate us all the time.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

I don't have this aug but always some of Tonic of Heat Affinity VIII with me.

Tonic of Heat Affinity VIII
Effect: Heat Awareness VIII
1: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 5%
2: Limit: Max Level(85) (lose 5% per level over cap)
3: Limit: Spell (Complete Heal excluded)
4: Limit: Resist (Fire allowed)
5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

5% less mana for all firebased nukes.
Preseve the "chronal resonance dust" when farming XP/AA/gear .. whatever and support your local alchemist. Trivial is far bejond 500, expect lots of fails.

Edit: if you plan to hunt constructs: ther's also a Tonic of Magic Affinity VIII
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Was running the numbers on the Evoc aug and it gets a bit complicated, but it's roughly 2.5% of your mana pool. So it's worth that much. An aug for your secondary spec is in the range of 1.6% of your pool, for Magicians.

So, for 20k mana pool:

15% Evoc: 500 mana
15% Conj: 320 mana

For 40k mana pool:

15% Evoc: 1000 mana
15% Conj: 640 mana

That's a bit rough, but it's slightly complicated. But, yes, it's still the best mana aug in the game, and by a very, very wide margin.
mixablekat_3662

Post by mixablekat_3662 »

have they changed it to type 7 or 8
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

mixablekat_3662 wrote:have they changed it to type 7 or 8
Nope, it's still a type 8 aug, and will never be changed from that. Devs won't go back and change old items, people have been trying to get the augs in anguish for example changed to add type 7 for years, and the devs don't want those items changed because it's still technically raid gear, even if it can be solod now. The devs look at content at it's intended level, not how difficult the content is 20 levels later.
Controller

Post by Controller »

Is there any more information available about this raid? I tried to duo it the other day with a wizard, both 85 and couldn't get the quintessence of sand past 95%. Eventually ran out of mana after about 35 minutes. I have to be missing something here...
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

kill 3 of the mini named (ignoring Ritana). run away, and the mobs will tether back. med. When full, attack QoS until he's at 20%, then (after you see the emote) kill Ritana, then finish off QoS.

EDIT -- also, these mobs are highly spell resistant, a wizzie isn't going to help you much here...finding another mage or healer so you can just RS the mobs is more efficient.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Curious, is there some benefit to killing Ritana at 20%? When I farmed it, I just killed all 4 minis and then engaged the QoS.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

That is what i did Malleria. Me and my friend tried to offtank rit for like around 20% and saw no noticeable difference in the main nameds hp dropping faster or anything so we said screw this and killed her then the named lol.

Controller I did a walk through on the first page of this thread but basically you clear to the named room. Try doing it on 1 mana bar b/c you get a raid out of combat timer. Once you clear to the named there are 4 named that all engage at the same time, but can be tethered to their spawn locations. I think the best way is to kill all 4 named (after a named dies 2 zone trash spawn in its place, they are easy though). Once they are dead med up and kill the Big named. The big named resists spells like no other so you MUST bring some melee DPS with you for you to win. 2 mages should be np with this (Me and my friend did 1 air pet and 1 water pet and it died quite nicely).

Hope that helps. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams