Tweyne's Stone of Evocation

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Zacatac
Conjurer

Re: Tweyne's Stone of Evocation

Post by Zacatac »

So I finally went to check this out, but it says I need at least 6 to enter.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You do. However, there is no lvl requirement on the 6 people. I normally just hit LFG, all lvls, and sent out tells.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I <think> you can also use mercs to request the instance, tho they cannot follow you inside.

Could be wrong tho, it's been awhile since I tried to get it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Last time I did it mercs did not count towards the # of people. Seeing as it is a DZ I wouldn't think mercs would be allowed to request it either.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

I've tried this event twice now, with an 85 mage and a boxed 85 bard. A couple tips:

1) Mercs do not count towards 6 person requirement, but offline players do.
2) QoS (the final named) has very high regen. Don't get discouraged if you don't seem to be hurting it, just fire off more gargs.
3) [edited out]

I just cleared the trash from 5 named room (SW on map), then went berserk on twelyne (it takes a few seconds for the other 3 named to add, QoS won't agro if you don't get close to it). Burn twelyne and the other 2 named down using activated aa's and summoned nukes, save ritana for last (she's not summoned, unlike the other 3, and you won't land much on her). Once all 4 are dead, clear the trash that repopped from the 4 mini's, med up and engage QoS. Use companions relocation to get pet on opposite side of QoS and then pop FBO/host/gargs/etc (they'll be roguing now for a good 20% dps increase). Make sure you have aura running as most of your dps will come from gargs. Fight lasted about 3-4 minutes (UF aura + bard overhaste aura + new garg aa's = sick).

Once dead, two chests will pop in the circle area where you killed QoS.

Any tips on getting the third chest to spawn? I'm assuming it has something to do with the other 2 named in SE room, but I couldn't kill them. I engaged them before the 5 named room and was summoned by QoS (agro'd about 20 mobs and gated). I then killed the 4 mini's and trash, leaving QoS up and ran back to SE room, again summoned by QoS so had bard offtank him while i burned the 2 SE room named down, they just emoted something about the sands and immediately respawned upon death. So I gave up and just killed QoS and came back for the 2 named, but no 3rd chest. It's probably something obvious but just can't work it out, any hints would be appreciated :)

Loots so far:
2 leather tunics
5 heal foci augs
1 70hp aug

Thanks,
-nako/saryrn
Last edited by nako on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

nako wrote:..... use summoning efficiency tribute (25% mana pres) for the gargs......
You sure this works? For some reason I thought it did not on the Garg pets.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

You are correct, just tested it and does not work (post edited accordingly). I don't normally use it except for on really long fights (pallorax, mindshear), guess that saves me some tribute, thanks!!

-nako/saryrn
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I have an 85 bard I can box. Mostly in T5 SoD gear, about 800 aa's, has some boomerang gear. What's the "UF aura," did you use the bard to tank with, and would mine be able to? He only has half of his CA / CS done but all his other defensives are done. Believe he's just over 4k AC with merc buffs.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Bard didn't tank anything really (except for QoS momentarily while trying to kill the 2 named in SE room), he was mostly there in manabattery mode, ran in and melee'd long enough to burn 1kblades, dance of blades, fierce eye, quicktime, etc. He's average'ish group geared (27k hp, 4k ac unbuffed, and max defensive, around 1.6k aa), but wouldn't be able to tank for more than a couple min with no healer. Magepet tanks just fine though, and shouldn't have any issues trying to kill it even without bard melee'ing.

He did overhaste aura, 2 ds songs (warsong & PoV), ac song (dance of the dragorn), and manasong (hitting piper and grubers whenever they refreshed). Anything else seemed kinda useless as I couldn't even land aa malo (-200) on QoS even with HoS/tash/mala on it, and acute focus of arcanum running.

As for UF aura, I was just referring to the new mage aura, combined with bard aura and garg duration/recast aa's -- makes it a considerably easier than it would have been pre-UF. I could see how this would easily have been a 10-15 minute fight trying to solo it. Basically QoS regens about 1k dps, and is virtually immune to everything we have. The only way you can kill it is fbo/gargs/host or more people.

-nako/saryrn
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

nako wrote:Bard didn't tank anything really (except for QoS momentarily while trying to kill the 2 named in SE room), he was mostly there in manabattery mode, ran in and melee'd long enough to burn 1kblades, dance of blades, fierce eye, quicktime, etc. He's average'ish group geared (27k hp, 4k ac unbuffed, and max defensive, around 1.6k aa), but wouldn't be able to tank for more than a couple min with no healer. Magepet tanks just fine though, and shouldn't have any issues trying to kill it even without bard melee'ing.

He did overhaste aura, 2 ds songs (warsong & PoV), ac song (dance of the dragorn), and manasong (hitting piper and grubers whenever they refreshed). Anything else seemed kinda useless as I couldn't even land aa malo (-200) on QoS even with HoS/tash/mala on it, and acute focus of arcanum running.

As for UF aura, I was just referring to the new mage aura, combined with bard aura and garg duration/recast aa's -- makes it a considerably easier than it would have been pre-UF. I could see how this would easily have been a 10-15 minute fight trying to solo it. Basically QoS regens about 1k dps, and is virtually immune to everything we have. The only way you can kill it is fbo/gargs/host or more people.

-nako/saryrn
Nice! Thanks! I actually had some downtime between MPG trials so the druid and warrior I was with helped me out. We used the bard as a mana / haste bot and he went down quite fast then. Oh, the warrior was boxing a zerker too so we had quite a bit of melee dps. Still took about 10 mins but the bard missed the first 5. The adds almost wiped us at the beginning because the war pulled them on accident. The mini's are leashed which made getting the other adds pretty easy. Everything but a frog and a mini or two are summoned mobs so AtA and TS works on them. The golem is the real PITA.

It was a quick clear using AtA spells and TS. The mob is in the SW and my map had "golem" written at that spot. At the bend, I tried to med before the last pulls and that's when the war drew aggro. The new mana regen helped out. Thanks for the above posts and good luck to anyone else who goes in to grab one.