EM 17+

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Re: EM 17+

Post by Vincentt »

I get what Vor is saying. Pet level is much more important under 95, maybe 90. Post 95 won't make much of a diff. So for casuals like me, level still means something major.

I'm glad I learned by reading this that pets have RAW ac only. I assumed they too had a soft cap. Now I have good reason to buy my perma pet some juiced up terror infused gear if I see it on sale! Not to mention any level 80+ jewelry/non visible that's selling under 1000pp.

I haven't had a pet die since I was level 72, and come to think of it I haven't died since then either (non-raider). I think a super RAW ac pet might be worth the investment for me. Hoping this works as intended.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

I don't think all items are uncapped ac for pets. Just the base ac that was shown in that chart, is what he was referring to.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

micker wrote:I don't think all items are uncapped ac for pets. Just the base ac that was shown in that chart, is what he was referring to.
/nod.

I am sure there is some sort of soft cap % applied to pet's gear. No clue what it is though. If you aren't dying and neither is your pet, why waste pp on giving it more gear? :)
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

From my experience, just giving my 81 (at the time) air pet elegant defiant plate gear, which boosts approx 400 ac iirc, the difference was like a paladin tanking vs. a rogue tanking. W/o the high ac armor (only EM5, max pet defensive aa's, buffs, and assuming summoned armor) air pet needed heals and support -- he would frequently get knocked down to 50% hp.

Once fully geared in elegant defiant plate I rarely had to heal him and he easily maintained 80% health. I recall fighting mobs approx 7-8 levels lower than him (77 vs 84). This leads me to believe the raw ac only possibility is possible. I plan to review again next level with 86 air pet.

And as to why give him more gear and lose pp? To take on harder bosses, handle multi-pulls w/o peeing myself, etc.
Last edited by Vincentt on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.