Robe upgrade time

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Marner
Trial Member

Robe upgrade time

Post by Marner »

Hello all,

I am recently returned to EQ and have my Mage to 93, with my 100 Chanter in tow.

We can duo a lot of content and are looking for a shiny new robe. I can bring down RoF T1 named easily...haven`t tried T2 as of yet. Working on building AAs.....currently 1100 or so, and gearing the Mage. Chanter has almost 4K AA.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marner
Aither
Elementalist

Re: Robe upgrade time

Post by Aither »

First things first, just to get a shiny new robe you can hunt Alpha Naeya in shards landing for a fear touched tunic, this will let you make a Boreal Robe of the Conjuror for your magician, required level is only 92 so thats a good start. I'd suggest pushing to 100 on the mage, a great way to do so is completing tasks and missions in Rain of Fear, most rewards are a nice chunk of xp for the casual player who doesn't have much time on their hands for eq. Reaching 100 will allow you to seek out a t1 or t2 robe for the magician and this robe will extend the duration of your lvl 100 RS pet.

http://rof.eqresource.com
The above link is a great site, you can learn all about visibles and non visibles for each class, how to make them, and ultimately what drops them by following links within.

http://rof.eqresource.com/grouparmor.php
The above link will show you the visibles for each class.

If you aren't quite ready to level the mage to 100 i'd suggest hitting 95 and getting him a robe from Veil of Alaris, so that your level 95 RS pet will get the benefit of the duration extension.

You might even be able to find an open raid on your server, attend a few and pray for a robe, ask around and you might luck out.
Last edited by Aither on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

Firband the Black in new EW T1
Elsrop the Crazed in shard landing T1
Pincerpest in shard landing T1

these 3 i have confirmed drop fear touched chest drops to make the T1 robes .. useable at lvl 92 ...
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

You'd find the focus on a Grandiose (T4 VoA) Robe far more useful than a Boreal Robe of the Conjurer. At least until you're level 100. Unless I am wrong and the focus is 'backwards compatible'?
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Good question. Does a robe from a higher expansion affect the RS pets who are lower level of previous expansion?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Robes do not work like our AA lines (Extended Swarm, Extended Rumbling servant, Hastened Rumbling Servant). Robes only work on the spell they say they will work on.

Even those AAs generally need to get flagged when a new expansion launches for our new Garg pets.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams