Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Cielli
Conjurer

Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Post by Cielli »

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index ... -bug.3980/

Anyone else experienced this? It sucks... needs attention.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Post by Voragath »

Those threads are both fail. I have not experienced this nor heard about it until now. It's likely that person did something else without realizing it or had some mechanic happen. They are extremely vague.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

It's my post. It happened to me last nght in raid.

Without casting a spell, just from the fire pet nuking, my aggro was jumping up, 40 points, 60, 120, etc. respectively to the tanks.

After being summoned and killed from this once, I resummoned to see if this was just a one-offer. It was not, my aggro was sill jumpng up, before I was landing spells, but after I had ordered pet to attack... After almost dieing a second time, i scrapped my fire pet.

I don't know what sort of evidence you want, aggros not gonna be in my logs.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

It isn't your imagination, but I haven't died because of it yet.

Last night on both BD and CoB raids, just having my pet attack was sending me way up the aggro meter. I need to test some more, but I was only aware of it when I had my fire pet out. When my pet was nuking away, even if I personally didn't do a single thing, I was consistently in the yellow.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Something like this also happened to me while grouping in Kael a couple nights ago. My friend would pull a mob and as soon as I told my pet to attack (fire pet) the mob made a beeline for me. While I didn't die a few times it was really close. Here I thought I just did something wonky.
Nillaien

Post by Nillaien »

I had this happen in the shards landing raid after a death and summoned a fire pet. Very frustrating to get summoned while still trying to recover from a death. Sicked fire pet and about 30 seconds later I was down.
rvd

Post by rvd »

Have had this happen with fire pet as well when clearing trash. Assist called send pet and before I can cast a spell I am already summoned by the mob.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I'll see what i can find out. It sounds like it is specifically with the fire pet. Make sure you all do a /bug in game and post in the bug thread for this patch. I haven't seen the SoE boards yet so forgive me if you already have.
Zzzeegg

Post by Zzzeegg »

Yes Ditto

Fire pet. Was most noticeable on Grelleth raid where there are a lot of quick switches to adds which are being off-tanked.

Assist called, put pet on and aggro meter whooshed straight up, never summoned - just....

Zeeg
Last edited by Zzzeegg on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

What seems to be happening, is that the fire pet nukes are being attributed to us. I think same is happening with all pet spells as you can see it in some minor degree (maybe) on the others. It's definitely happening on fire pet. I had Jalany test to double check and she was getting shawl procs without nuking and the fire pet was attacking.