Theft of Essence and Chaotic Assistance

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Mintalee
Elementalist

Re: Theft of Essence and Chaotic Assistance

Post by Mintalee »

Yes, I prefer the air pet for a tank as well. Earth is a little sturdier but I prefer the stun component over the rooting of the earth pet. Great suggestions on here and if you follow them, you will see yourself getting more and more AAs. Definitely use every single mana return AA, rod and spell that you can. I love the suggestion of letting yourself get hit when you have an RS pet still up--I do that all the time. We're squishy but we're not going to tumble if one mob hits us once or twice.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Unrelated to the derail but theft of essence is supposed to be fixed next patch.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

And theft of essence is supposed to work now. I have an idea where it might not only be possible to solo using the AtA line of spells but also efficient enough to make it more viable than using a merc in some zones. I'll try it and report back when I find out if my idea is worthwhile.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Can solo without a merc regardless, if you can avoid adds.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Where at and even with an EM12?
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Tweelis wrote:Unrelated to the derail but theft of essence is supposed to be fixed next patch.
Did this patch go live yet? I had my lvl 95+ anihilaiton spell proc it. Once in 2 hours though. (I have logs and can share so some one can find the proc.)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

naltena wrote:
Tweelis wrote:Unrelated to the derail but theft of essence is supposed to be fixed next patch.
Did this patch go live yet? I had my lvl 95+ anihilaiton spell proc it. Once in 2 hours though. (I have logs and can share so some one can find the proc.)
It's in. That's an awfully low proc rate. How often did you cast it? It should be proc'ing about once in every 4-6 casts as a very rough estimation.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Voragath wrote:
naltena wrote:
It's in. That's an awfully low proc rate. How often did you cast it? It should be proc'ing about once in every 4-6 casts as a very rough estimation.
Um once every 3 spells pretty much, because it nukes for 72k!! and I wanted to see it crit! (it didnt). I will probably go there again today with my friend and I'll record it again. I also saw that the icon changes depending on the lvl of the spell you used. my high lvl spell theft is a rogues face, my low level spell is a little shield icon, I thought that was interesting.
Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

Several mention to use BOTH "Mod Rods". I currently only summon/use the 3 charge "Summoned: Large Modulation Shard" what other one is there that is not on the same timer that you can use in conjunction with the one above?
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

the lvl 97 wand of phantasmal.... is a single target mage only rod.