Returning Player: Have a Few Question

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Nordac

Returning Player: Have a Few Question

Post by Nordac »

Hi guys,

I am returning after 8 years away from EQ and decided to re-roll my Mage and have a few questions.

1) Since leveling from 1 - 45 is so quick now is it worth getting the Broom of Trilon, Shovel of Ponz,Torch of Alna, Stein of Ulissa these days? I will have my shaman buff bot with him most of the time.

2) Should I be using a tank merc till i get the 61 air pet?

3) Since pet no longer aggro or disappear when zoning what is the point of suspend minion?
Last edited by Nordac on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Re: Returning Player: Have a Few Question

Post by Mintalee »

1) No
2) Yes
3) Preserving buffs when in combat zones

:)
Danille

Post by Danille »

3) you can suspend a pet fully buffed and with FBO and full aa's for emergency use, should your pet in use get killed. with the click of your suspend minion aa's a fully buffed and angry pet is ready to defend you. :)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Unless you are into collecting focus items, the only reason to get those old focus items is if you are doing the Epic 1 quest, the Orb of Mastery. Some of them are used in that (broom and shovel). And if you do do that at 50ish and before you reach 61, then by all means use it to tank instead of a merc because it is nearly as good as a 61 air pet.
Nordac

Post by Nordac »

svenalo wrote:Unless you are into collecting focus items, the only reason to get those old focus items is if you are doing the Epic 1 quest, the Orb of Mastery. Some of them are used in that (broom and shovel). And if you do do that at 50ish and before you reach 61, then by all means use it to tank instead of a merc because it is nearly as good as a 61 air pet.

I am going to complete the 1.0 so I will go grab the broom and the shovel.. My 65 Mage is a crown and cloak away from having it on Bristlebane. I decided to reroll when I came back to get with the game ;)