Hello Returning to EQ after 8 yrs at 70 and needing advice

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Xaltin
Trial Member

Hello Returning to EQ after 8 yrs at 70 and needing advice

Post by Xaltin »

1st. What happened to this place there used to be stickies all over of where to solo at this level?
2nd. I have picked up the um elegant gear (what ever the lvl 70 stuff is) and new spells is there any spells below 50 that I would need?
3rd. I HAVE been reading ALOT of level up suggestions and they are from 2009 It seems places to solo in 2009 has changed. Where is a good place to solo for AA's at 70? With or without a merc
4th. What merc do you guys suggest? I see some peeps say tank and other say healer. I would think healer.
5th I would rather solo can mages still solo in the game? I see something about pets getting nerfed.

Also last nut not least is there ANY advice at all for a returning mage?

I spent the last 2 days sorting out my spellbook and finding gear and chatting.
I thought this was funny so I'm in lobby looking for C3 or C4. I get C4 enchanter asks me why don't I want a more powerful Clarity. All I could say as i was shaking my cane at him was "BACK IN MY DAY........Not all enchanters had C4..........gemme the good crack!!!!"

Thank so much for reading.
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Hello Returning to EQ after 8 yrs at 70 and needing advi

Post by Jedis »

This website did not exist 8 years ago in its current form. The original Tower and its content was lost - the old owner never passed it on to anyone.
Zaltan
Trial Member

Post by Zaltan »

I only really play group content with my mage/bard.

2nd. I have picked up the um elegant gear (what ever the lvl 70 stuff is) and new spells is there any spells below 50 that I would need? = I personally don't use low level spell other then, Aegis of Kildrukaun which is lvl 79
3rd. I HAVE been reading ALOT of level up suggestions and they are from 2009 It seems places to solo in 2009 has changed. Where is a good place to solo for AA's at 70? With or without a merc
4th. What merc do you guys suggest? I see some peeps say tank and other say healer. I would think healer. = Best i can say here is healer Merc/your pet tanking for solo (Not sure if this is best for lower level solo) As for the zones, there is a guy outside the guild lobby door who you can speak to about finding the current hot zones, you can also get quests for elegant gear for you level from another guy next to him i think
5th I would rather solo can mages still solo in the game? I see something about pets getting nerfed.= Mages can still solo, pets are still powerful

Im not the best mage but just thought id give my feedback.

Hope it helps
Nordac

Post by Nordac »

3) I have spent a lot of time in Direwind killing griffins around the druid ring. Other place people will recommend Kata Castrum Elementals, Split Paw Elementals

- Another fun place is Jewel of Atiiki off of Katta Castrum I highly recommend staying outside and don't go venturing in the pyramids at 70

4) I found that with the Pet Defensive AA max out to the Highest I can get for the level my air pet tanks better then Journey Man Rank 1 tank and requires less healing. So I went Mage Cleric Merc for these level
Last edited by Nordac on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xaltin
Trial Member

Post by Xaltin »

Thanks for the help guys. It gives me somewhere to start.
Xaltin
Trial Member

Post by Xaltin »

Okay here is another question.

Should I level up to 71 for airpet and the grind out aaxp OR stay 70 and grind out aa xp? Currently I'm doing Guards or what ever they are at the zone of HOH I enjoy it it's easy and it's something I know as I get used to the controls of the game agian.

Back in the day when I first played I played like a shooter now since every other game is over shoulder I had to start playing over shoulder is there anyway to turn off targeting yourself?

Thanks for any answers and I hope you guys see this.

Xaltin
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I would get 71 to get the new pet. It will make a world of difference.
Aanelyen
Magician

Post by Aanelyen »

Agree with Jedis, get 71 and new air pet. If you're using your mouse to target, there really is no way to avoid targeting yourself that I know of, but using the other targeting keys, specifically F8, helps a lot. I prefer to actually go to the 4th F9 perspective to play, I can rotate around and use my mouse to target with, and have far less problems targetting myself. Was never fond of the over-the-shoulder perspective.
tatanka7th

Post by tatanka7th »

I always (old school quadding druid) played WAY over the shoulder. No problems targeting yourself that way.

For kiting, that was the best way to play. And got so used to it, I can't play any other way now, even when not playing a kiting class.

Tat
Xaltin
Trial Member

Post by Xaltin »

Thanks for all the help guys.

Update: I'm 71 with almost 300 AA's. How many AA's should I get before I just start leveling up?

Thanks agian

Xaltin

I'm on emarr/nameless if you're on there send me a shout out.

Also when do I lose the trial thing?