RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

So over on the necromancer boards the question about pets and gear came up. It makes sense (to me at least) to see what's viable for our pets when it comes to level in relation to EM focus and what gear would be beneficial. Granted purchasing gear for a pet would be different for each server due to economy and prices but having some starting basic info would be nice IMO.

EM level..........Pet Level
EM8...................
EM9...................
EM10..................
EM11..................
EM12..................
EM13..................
EM14..................97
EM15..................
EM16..................
EM17..................
EM18..................

If I remember right pets will ignore recommended levels but do follow the required level restrictions on gear. They also replace gear based on AC.

Here's what our pets come with when summoned with any pet focus:
Helm: AC49, HP95
Arms: AC56, HP80
Hands: AC49, HP101
Boots: AC56, HP88
Breastplate:AC97, HP132, Avoidance 16
Pants: AC70, HP125, Shielding 4%
Belt: AC49, HP2400
Necklace: AC37, HP330
Shoulder: AC42, HP330
Finger: AC42, HP330
Wrist: AC43, HP80
Ear: AC37, HP330

AC627, HP4091 This doesn't include the visor because frankly I don't see us giving that up for anything in the bazaar. I guess the same could be said about the belt. Taking the belt out of the equation would give us AC578, HP1691.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

I'm going to compile a list of the best available for under 2k per slot and under 5k per slot. There are upgrades for people with level 98 pets (EM16 or above) not listed here. I'd like to encourage raiders with better EM focuses to add to this thread.

Current snapshot of what's available on the Bertox/Saryrn bazaar:

Slot..........Name............................PP.................AC..........HP..........Shielding..........Avoidance..........Req Level
Arms.........Vambraces of Salubritas.....3,000pp..........172.........2062.........2....................5....................90
Arms.........Glorious Moonglade...........1,000pp..........148.........1010.........0....................1....................91
Chest........Martriarchs Hunting Vest.......939pp...........194.........2133.........2...................5.....................90
Chest........Chain Tunic of Pestilence.....4700pp...........235.........2137.........2...................5.....................90
Ear...........Molten Steel Hoop..............4500pp............77.........1335.........2...................7.....................90
Ear...........No upgrades for under 2k
Feet..........Hasteful Chain Treads..........3850pp........136...........2009.........2...................5.....................90
Feet..........Snake Tooth Sandals..............435pp........112...........2006.........2...................5.....................90
Finger........Woven Steel Fingerguard.......4500pp.........72...........1365.........2...................5.....................90
Finger........Ring of the Evil Wanderer........200pp.........64............939.........1...................4.....................85
Hands........Blunder Blockers....................450pp.......113...........1984.........2...................5.....................90 (best upgrade also for under 5k)
Head.........Gift of the Ceaser..................2200pp.......179...........2041.........2...................5.....................90
Head.........No upgrades for under 2k
Legs.........Alacritous Greaves................5,000pp.......208............2105.........2...................5.....................90
Legs.........Glorious Moonglade Greaves....1,000pp.......177.............975.........2...................1.....................90
Neck.........Spinning Note.....................2,800pp........98..............2098.........2...................5.....................90
Neck...........Hollowed Horn..................1,300pp.........96.............2079.........2...................5.....................90
Shoulders....Banescale Pauldrons.............3,000pp........104...........2109.........2...................5.....................90
Shoulders....Shoulderpads of Alertness.......1,000pp.........99...........2008.........2...................5.....................90
Wrist.........Reinforces Bearhide Bracer......4,500pp.......94.............1963.........2...................5.....................90
Wrist...........No significant upgrades for under 2k.

So for 6325pp our pet could get 460AC more and 11500HP more plus a pile of shielding and avoidance.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I'll gear up my pet with this stuff and parse him next week when im back online, can do a comparative with and without gear. cool post!
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

This is a comparative parse, One water pet with only summoned rage swords. One Water pet with a variety of cheap bazaar gear, I went for the stuff with the highest atk value. the gear is of the 90-95 random trash drop variety. I bought about 12 slots, including 2 weapons ( backripper and husk sharpened axe ) total cost for all of the gear was like 5 or 6k for all of it.

Check this out, surprised me what a difference it made, i was blown away. The left parse is no gear, em 17 water pet with summoned swords, the right parse is the same pet, with bazaar gear and weapons in like 12 slots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

It increased his dps Nearly 50% ... from 5k to 7.2k.

I'm doing new parses to make sure my positioning was consistent, and the pet was not attacking from the mobs side. Doing front and back parses now.

update, positioning made very little difference, front & back was only like a 5% difference. It was definately the gear which made the difference, also did parses with frenzied burnout. Geared pet with frenzied Burnout was about 17kdps, without gear was about 14kdps.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I thought we had previously decided that bazaar gear given to the pet disappeared upon zoning? Or am I wrong?
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I zoned in & out of the Guild hall to the guild lobby about a dozen times while doing the parsing, also parsed shaman buffs ( which added about 1k dps )... his dps did not go down. So no, that does not seem to be the case.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Curious to see what it would be full raid buffed would be compared to basic. Wondering if there is some caps in there for attack and such since some buffs will take care of that. We all know the max hit is capped, so it is all about less missed and more hits at cap. I would think fully raid buffed the % would go even lower (just assuming).

I may have to do some testing on my own with raid buffage, though not sure I could afford 6K a pet in the long run.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

This is the same pet ( with baz gear ) With Unity, & Third, and Ruchu running from a shaman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Cielli wrote:This is the same pet ( with baz gear ) With Unity, & Third, and Ruchu running from a shaman.

Yeah accur is still going up, mainly was wondering what a shammy/ranger/chanter buffed one looked like w/o baz gear. I think you are on to something though wondering what % of increase will look like with full buffs. If it is still significant or with fully buffed pet you are hitting max and not missing that much anyhow? I have misses off, so i cant look at old parse for accuracy, have to turn it back on and take a peek. Plus the parses are relatively short to get a great hack on waht % you looking at. Be nice to say adding X in attack add Y in damage, but don't think it will ever be that simple, plus the gear likely has accuracy and other things on it as well.