RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

Pets summoned with a focus item come pre-equipped with these items:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... pell=35930
and
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... pell=35928

They will replace those items with an item with higher AC. There are very few exceptions but our pets will equip nearly anything for sale in the bazaar. No Trade items will be destroyed by our pet so don't bother with them.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Thank you for all the info :) spent 2k got some gear and the pet is doing better dps. Cant say is worth it in the groups I play in. too many dead pets hehe.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

naltena wrote:Thank you for all the info :) spent 2k got some gear and the pet is doing better dps. Cant say is worth it in the groups I play in. too many dead pets hehe.

Keep the decked out pet suspended when ya group, will reduce the amount of plat you spend.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

But he goes away when I died too right? (groups like whiping due to afkers)
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

naltena wrote:But he goes away when I died too right? (groups like whiping due to afkers)
If you are grouping with AFKers, stop it right now. Mage is a great solo/moloer. Make you own groups and boot anybody that afks. All mage groups are absolutely the best thing ever. 2 mages with 2 mercs can take nearly any group content available, appropriate for you level. Everybody wipes once in a while, but if you are grouping with people that wipe repeatedly, you need new friends.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Also invest in some escape AAs.

Companion on Necessity
Drape of shadows - See http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ated+drape
Cloak of Shadows
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

dorfillya wrote:
naltena wrote:But he goes away when I died too right? (groups like whiping due to afkers)
If you are grouping with AFKers, stop it right now. Mage is a great solo/moloer. Make you own groups and boot anybody that afks. All mage groups are absolutely the best thing ever. 2 mages with 2 mercs can take nearly any group content available, appropriate for you level. Everybody wipes once in a while, but if you are grouping with people that wipe repeatedly, you need new friends.
I will try to look for new groups, this is just me joining random people after LFG for an extended period of time. (I did however avoid those 2 the next day when they wanted to continue the "great" group xD)
Potawatomi wrote:Also invest in some escape AAs.

Companion on Necessity
Drape of shadows - See http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ated+drape
Cloak of Shadows
I got CoN but it seldom works in groups and tight corners. I will try for the other ones thank you.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Any group you are in is going to be a 'great group' ... :p to the other players. I avoid grouping with any class which requires a tank, though, since then you need to add 2 players just to get the dps benefit of one, the math just doesnt add up. Wizards, other mages, and even druids, make good partners. But grouping almost never equals my experience rate soloing, mostly i group for the social aspect, or to help out friends.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I just had an idea concerning bazaar gear and pets. If possible I'd love it, how about the rest of you?

The ability to give a pet one piece of gear and have it replace whatever it's wearing regardless of AC on both pieces of gear. A warning box or tell from your pet could be implemented saying something to the effect of "Do you want your pet to replace XYZ Gear with ABC Gear?" with both pieces of gear hotlinked. This would allow people like me that are concerned more with dps over tankability from our pet in group situation.

I thought of this because after looking over gear in the bazaar with high attk ratings. A lot of gear has lower AC ratings. It'd make sense to me to give my pet gear that'll boost it's dps in group situations and in some cases even increase it's raid survivability from AE's (more HP on many pieces of leather/chain defiant) at the sacrifice of AC.

Here is one example of something I'd change around if allowed to do this:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=81431
AC: 42
STR: +26 DEX: +22 STA: +22 CHA: +19 WIS: +19 INT: +13 AGI: +18 HP: +230 MANA: +217 ENDUR: +230
SV FIRE: +18 SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +21 SV MAGIC: +18 SV POISON: +13
Combat Effects: +3 Avoidance: +1 Accuracy: +3 Strikethrough: +2% Attack: +16 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +2 Spell Damage: +1 Heal Amount: +2
would replace
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... tem=108786
AC: 49 HP: +101
Right now other pet classes can choose to buy some pet gear from the bazaar and use some of our summoned gear; it'd be great if we had the same option!
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

The RoF T1 trash drops are much better than those and probably just as cheap.