RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Cielli »

On my server.. probably due to my own frequent purchasing of rof gear for my pet. I usually spend 1-2k per slot for rof gear, & sometimes cant find some slots ( since I put in a 2000pp max price filter ). If I just want the attack value, & not AC, I can sometimes find elegent defiant plate for 100-200pp, 500pp for pieces like chest sometimes more. If they implement a pet gear window the stuff's gonna dry up really fast.

Which is why I'm not personally for it.

I see what tweelis is trying to do.. it would open up for use Elegent defiant chain, and leather, for use on the pets... to add ATK. those pieces currently can't be used.

I'd rather just have new summonable pet armor that is respectableeee ( elegent defiant plate equivalent, with the mod 2's & atk value )

& those who'd still like the collossal AC of rof gear are just gonna have to pay more for it. IMO an earth pet in full RoF gear is overpowered as hell, if you want that kind of toy it's reasonable that you pay something for it. but I think a pet gear window is going to open alot of peoples eyes to gearing pets, & how ridiculous a fully geared pet is, and the nerf crys will come from far & wide, again, why I am not in favor of it.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Eildroth has stated, on the live boards, that the merc's will get their own specific gear. If they implement this with pet's, then something similar would happen, one would hope at least.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Cielli wrote:I see what tweelis is trying to do.. it would open up for use Elegent defiant chain, and leather, for use on the pets... to add ATK. those pieces currently can't be used.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand why chain and leather defiant stuff isn't pet usable, if that's what you're saying...
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Mintalee wrote:
Cielli wrote:I see what tweelis is trying to do.. it would open up for use Elegent defiant chain, and leather, for use on the pets... to add ATK. those pieces currently can't be used.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand why chain and leather defiant stuff isn't pet usable, if that's what you're saying...
If the AC is lower than the pet's won't equip it. The Leather and Chain elaborate xxx have higher Atk values than the standard gear the pets get but lower AC.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Glad I learned this. :) Thanks.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Potawatomi wrote:Eildroth has stated, on the live boards, that the merc's will get their own specific gear. If they implement this with pet's, then something similar would happen, one would hope at least.
Mercs are completely separate from pets. The merc system is something they created and added to the game. It was written on it's own and doesn't borrow from the game. Pets were built into the game from the beginning. It is not so simple to take something from mercs and apply to pets. Mercs are inherently more flexible than pets are.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Voragath wrote:
Potawatomi wrote:Eildroth has stated, on the live boards, that the merc's will get their own specific gear. If they implement this with pet's, then something similar would happen, one would hope at least.
Mercs are completely separate from pets. The merc system is something they created and added to the game. It was written on it's own and doesn't borrow from the game. Pets were built into the game from the beginning. It is not so simple to take something from mercs and apply to pets. Mercs are inherently more flexible than pets are.

Yea I saw the talk of pet swap under the new AA ideas and figured that the next step, if pet swap is implemented, would be pets getting gear. Glad to hear we may not have to worry about separate pet gear in the future.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Cielli wrote:On my server.. probably due to my own frequent purchasing of rof gear for my pet. I usually spend 1-2k per slot for rof gear, & sometimes cant find some slots ( since I put in a 2000pp max price filter ). If I just want the attack value, & not AC, I can sometimes find elegent defiant plate for 100-200pp, 500pp for pieces like chest sometimes more. If they implement a pet gear window the stuff's gonna dry up really fast.

Which is why I'm not personally for it.

I see what tweelis is trying to do.. it would open up for use Elegent defiant chain, and leather, for use on the pets... to add ATK. those pieces currently can't be used.

I'd rather just have new summonable pet armor that is respectableeee ( elegent defiant plate equivalent, with the mod 2's & atk value )

& those who'd still like the collossal AC of rof gear are just gonna have to pay more for it. IMO an earth pet in full RoF gear is overpowered as hell, if you want that kind of toy it's reasonable that you pay something for it. but I think a pet gear window is going to open alot of peoples eyes to gearing pets, & how ridiculous a fully geared pet is, and the nerf crys will come from far & wide, again, why I am not in favor of it.
***I just read my post and it does sound like a whine; even a groupers vs. raiders post. Sorry, that is not my intention. I've tried a couple re-writes but it still sounds whiny, please don't take it as either a whine or a call to nerf raiders***

Cielli, I thought you'd have the EM16 pet focus? If so why not use the required level 98 stuff? I just looked and found Counter-Weighted Chain Sleeves and Rerebrace of the underworldfor 500pp. If I wanted to upgrade my pet (with EM14 - level 97 pet) gear currently my only option is Vambrace of Salubritas for 2500pp. I'd love to be able to use the Elegant Defiant gear (currently selling for 20pp) but giving it to my pet will simply result it fluffy/rocky/sparky/slushy destroying it in favor of it's current summoned gear.

Your suggestion to allow us to summon pet gear that's on par with defiant gear would be great. I could totally go for say 2-3 different sets of summoned gear. One with high AC for when we expect our pets to tank. Another one with high ATTK ratings and other mod's that boost dps output and maybe even a middle of the road set for when we think our pet may be an offtank but will primarily be used for dps.

As far as game balance goes, how do the dev's handle it now? If somebody wants to spend 50k on gearing up their pet do the dev's simply say oh well, lucky them?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Cielli wrote: As far as game balance goes, how do the dev's handle it now? If somebody wants to spend 50k on gearing up their pet do the dev's simply say oh well, lucky them?
They are aware of the gear that pets could equip. They do keep an eye on that stuff to some extent. So far, I've only seen the devs say, "oh well, lucky them." The reason is that it's expensive and the gear isn't always available. If you want to spend the time and money to invest in making a pet that's a little bit better, then there is not a problem. If this stuff was always available at next to no cost (time, plat, both, etc) then it would merit a look. It also does not make pets so much greater that it's greatly noticeable.

There are 2 types of flags the devs can, and have, put on gear to keep them from pets if they feel it would make pets too powerful. It's a flag that says "no pet" and is usually invisible though there are a few items where it clearly states "no pet" as a flag.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Tweelis wrote:
Cielli, I thought you'd have the EM16 pet focus? If so why not use the required level 98 stuff?
I have EM 19, & Yes I do use that gear, when it's cheap. Sometimes it's not cheap, or not available.
& so I'll use elegent defiant plate to fill in what's missing.

If I'm using an air or water pet, I don't really care whether it's RoF or Elegent defiant, the attack value is nearly the same for both, and I'm usually soloing without a merc using servants to tank, so i really just want the extra dps, so elegent defiant is fine, & it's cheaper ( usually ).

While the 98 stuff may be 500pp on your server. I usually pay 1-2k on my own server per piece. diff servers different market. I remember it used to be much much cheaper, but probably due to my own frequent purchasing of the stuff, it's very rarely less than 1k per piece.

I used to be able to buy a Painmaker for 20pp too... now they're 500pp.

A fully rof geared EM 19 earth pet is really something to behold, though :p Makes for some good beaming ( with pet tankin 12 HoT mobs, or 6-8 Arelis mobs )... My kill rate isnt ALOT faster this way though, and Im losing xperience having to use a merc healer. so In the end it's really just a 'for fun' thing. My fastest experience is no-merc soloing Lvl 95-97'ish mobs, servant-tanking, & I use an air pet for that