RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

fyi

I'm on Bertoxx also......and just bought a painmaker for 50pp. Sorry, had to mention it. :P
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I keep having this odd idea to give a pet one weapon and a shield instead of two weapons. Something tells me my pet will just eat the shield instead of equip it but curiosity is getting the best of me. Has anybody out there parsed the difference between a sword/board versus two weapons?

I'm thinking about heading to those mobs in Shards Landing down in the caverns to do some parsing. High Guard Stravus comes to mind but If any of you have a different suggestion I'd love to hear them.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I know our water pet backstabs but does it have an actual backstab skill? I just noticed Deathpoint in the bazaar has a 12% backstab mod on it.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

As long as it is one weapon and one shield, he should equip them both.

As for BS skill, that should be a no because BS is an NPC innate ability.
Madcat9958
Trial Member

Post by Madcat9958 »

OK so not sure if posting this here is the right spot but made myself a lowbie necromancer ( main is a mage atm ) and I decided to give the pet a nice weapon i had in bank ( 2 handed ax of rage or some such ) at level 1 I noticed he will equip it * 80ish level wep at level 1 * but he is not getting any of the stats it would seem he looks kewl now with a big honking ax but hes just as brittle as before :( so what i was wondering is if i give it an item with a required level he wields it but gets nothing for it i think but if i give him an item without a required level but a recommended level will he get the item at its full power or some odd lower powered version
Madcat9958
Trial Member

Post by Madcat9958 »

So I was kinda wondering how this works I noticed on my mage That I can equip higher level items on the pet than he should be able to use so I made a level 1 and gave a wep Much higher than the pet I noticed he wields it but isn't getting anything from it by the looks of things ( its a necro lvl 1 pet ) i gave it the 2 handed ax of rage I believe a 82-87 wep blue see threw glass he clearly does not get the 1700hp and hits for 8 or 9 I can understand the dmg it most likely caped just not sure how the system can let him wield the item but neglect to give out stats
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

They will take and equip them but ignore the stats; basically just giving them a cool look. Pets will not gain anything from a weapon that has a requirement level higher than their own.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

http://oi61.tinypic.com/24vtahk.jpg Click on this if the above image is too difficult to read.

So I decided to work on tradeskills a bit. For those of you that would like a bit of an edge when equipping your pet here's a chart showing what our level 101+ pets come with when summoned as well as trade skill options for upgrading what they wear. All numbers listed are AC. Other stats can be looked up on alla's, lucy, eqtraders, magelo and raidloot.

Although I only listed the autoactuated gear (gnome specific) all races have their own gear with identical stats and recipies. Also highlighted in yellow is the elaborate gear made from cobalt ore. I started listing this but gave up because it's inferior to the gear our pets come summoned with.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Thanks so much for this. :mrgreen:
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So yea, I have been super busy with life outside the game. I do still play, just not at the level I use to. Anyway according to Jmag our pets are going splat even with dimensional armor. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... es.228947/

To be fair I haven't even completed TDS progression yet so what the mid range to high end looks like is way out of my league. An EM16 pet with dimensional armor is doing fine for me now but what's the likelihood of getting past Degmar with my pet tanking? Should I just wait until level 110 then move forward with progression? Since my playtimes are really odd getting a full group together is highly unlikely. or is it still possible and the chicken little in me is watching the falling sky?