Refining burn setup.

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Ammeren

Refining burn setup.

Post by Ammeren »

Hey guys, I've checked around the forums a bit, but this is my first post. I've been reviewing some of your parses an trying to duplicate them seems almost impossible. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help refine my burn a bit?

/g Combat Dummy Dena in 60s, 4585k @76414 --- Ammeren + pets 4585k @76414 (100%)

That's what I'm getting using Spear( steel ), rain, rain, spear( Molten).
Had an earth pet with some sham buffs so just used that ( I know water will parse higher - just didn't have time to track down the buffs for it )

Throwing in clickies, such as the blazing orb and pet clickies as well. VT and burnout were running. Used ITC, Firecore, First Spire and Empowered focus for my burn.

Raid lineup usually is RS, Salvo, Rain, Rain, Spear- 2 weave keys setup, one with RS one without. I don't use RS with ITC running obviously.

Self buffed only.

On raids I generally only burn between 110k - 120k. ( Normal raid group setup is Druid/Bard/casters)

Magelo- http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2758631

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cicely
Magician

Re: Refining burn setup.

Post by cicely »

One sixty second parse should not define what a magician can/cannot do. I think a lot of those ultra high 150-200k dps parses you see are with a lot of support help (i.e. ITC, chanter IoG, bard spire, druid wolf form). You seem to have the spell rotation fine, but you will see higher with support help instead of just you on a Combat Dummy imho...
Ammeren

Post by Ammeren »

Thanks for replying Cicely, that parse is the avg parse I make in a 60 second burn. Did about 10 parses or so and they all came out around the same.

Only reason I even posted is because I've seen other threads with Mages showing parses at about 8 mill@110kdps in 76 seconds. To my knowledge they just used normal burns/self buffs and no glyphs. So as you can see if that parse was accurate I'm slackin!

If anyone has any idea's on a few ways to boost my dps up a bit, I'd love to try them. If a longer parse is needed I can throw one up later after work today.

Ammeren

Post by Ammeren »

Well, after a few tests I've upped my average dps to 62s, 7016k @113167 --- Ammeren + pets 7016k @113167 (100%).

:D

Self buffed only, used water pet this time. No glyphs, used burn sequence I mentioned above.

cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

Congratulations!

You mentioned you went from earth to water pet. What else did you change to improve from 70k to 110k?
Ammeren

Post by Ammeren »

Thanks! I was getting frustrated not being able to break 100k when I knew I was fully able to.

I'm pretty sure the first parses I didn't cast Malo ( I was at work so felt kind of rushed )

Second time I was parsing I did about 15 parses at 60-62 seconds and received from 110k-115k dps with Malo. I re-arranged the order I used my clickies as well.

Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Keep in mind as well,with these dummies, that Salvo isn't doing the most it can do. If i remember, it doesnt even show up on dummy parses. So that is going to be a substantial hit on your dps.
Ammeren

Post by Ammeren »

I wasn't using salvo for these tests for that very reason, I switch up my lineup for raids to incorporate the of many line.

Just trying to figure out now if I can bump it up a little more, I know it's just a self burn so it's not gonna be like 150k-200k dps, but I'd like to get it around 120kdps or so just self burns. If anyone has any suggestions I'd more than willing to give them all a try.

Thanks guys!

Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

Ammeren wrote:Thanks! I was getting frustrated not being able to break 100k when I knew I was fully able to.

I'm pretty sure the first parses I didn't cast Malo ( I was at work so felt kind of rushed )

Second time I was parsing I did about 15 parses at 60-62 seconds and received from 110k-115k dps with Malo. I re-arranged the order I used my clickies as well.

:: Not to be nitpicking.... But do you mean "MALA" and not MALO? MALO is the shaman debuff.

Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Janiblis wrote:
:: Not to be nitpicking.... But do you mean "MALA" and not MALO? MALO is the shaman debuff.
We both get the same Malo spell line, I'm not sure what you're referencing when you say Mala. Magicians are able to obtain the spell 1 level sooner than Shamans.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... pell=35342
cicely wrote:One sixty second parse should not define what a magician can/cannot do. I think a lot of those ultra high 150-200k dps parses you see are with a lot of support help (i.e. ITC, chanter IoG, bard spire, druid wolf form). You seem to have the spell rotation fine, but you will see higher with support help instead of just you on a Combat Dummy imho...
ITC is a self buff, so that is not support (as in outside support) that was most likely indicated by your statement (in same list as enchanter, bard, and druid adps). Also, Ammeren stated that their usual raid group setup is "Druid/Bard/casters" (only Enchanter, out of our primary adps, was omitted(doubt he intended Enchanter to be one of the "casters")). 150k burn (around 60 seconds) is achievable without any outside help on raids (harder in group content, single target, because our "of many" line is not as easily accessible). Since, on burn, a ranger will most likely mgb auspice (27% crit chance at 21/21) 150k becomes commonplace, when done correctly, even without other forms of adps (enchanters, bards, druids etc...). Since OP has a bard and druid 150k should be done under normal circumstances, as long as said bard and druid are doing their job.
Ammeren wrote: If anyone has any idea's on a few ways to boost my dps up a bit, I'd love to try them. If a longer parse is needed I can throw one up later after work today.
Send me a message on the boards, or in game, if you want some help/still need it.