Please filter "new posts" by board section and topic

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Please filter "new posts" by board section and topic

Post by Andorrabell »

I am finding it VERY hard to read these boards because I can't distinguish between the posts I should read and all the political posts.
Could the board mod please figure out if it is possible to filter the "new posts" function to show them organized by forum like our old boards used to.
I feel like I should be here to help represent us, especially since I was promoted to community leader, but these boards make my eyes bleed.

If there is a way to do this on the user end please let me know, I haven't found it.

Dora
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Please filter "new posts" by board section and topic

Post by dorfillya »

It appears to me, it is organized with almost exactly the same forums sections as the old board. And, politics is the one I never even open.
Danille

Post by Danille »

when you come to the boards, click "View new posts" and dont bother reading any in politics?
Vayl
Arch Magus

Post by Vayl »

maybe he just wants the magician's, class, Misc. and so one each to have their own "View new posts" button.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Danille wrote:when you come to the boards, click "View new posts" and dont bother reading any in politics?
Cept Politics has by far the most posts :P So it's a terrible pain sorting through them.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Post by Andorrabell »

He's a she. :) But what I mean is when you "show new posts" in the old boards it sorted them by forums or sections so it was easy to ignore
the non-mage stuff, this one you just get a giant list and you have to look closely to see what forum they are in.
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

I'll look into it for you.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Originally brought up here.

From what I understand, one of the major issues with the old boards was all the traffic and the resulting large bandwidth costs. It's pretty hard to argue that the vast majority of posts don't occur in the politics section. Right now there's the same amount of posts in that forum as all the other posts on this board combined. It's just going to get worse.

Personally, I'd vote to axe the politics section completely, as it has nothing to do with EQ, but I'm sure any effort in that direction would lose support ... entirely because of my previous point: that the majority of posters use this board for political dialog.

The easiest solution is to create 2 user groups, one with and one without access to the politics section. This will work for most people, but if bandwidth costs start to climb, there are other options. :p
najiwench
Grand Summoner

Post by najiwench »

What's with you guys clogging up our politics board with this video game crap? :ugeek:
Siggy by Eireann
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

najiwench wrote:What's with you guys clogging up our politics board with this video game crap? :ugeek:
I know you're being somewhat sarcastic, but that's pretty much the point. It's a real possibility that all the people seeking EQ Magician information and dialog will be driven to yet another community option if things keep going the way they are.