Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Enkel
Elementalist

Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Post by Enkel »

Elidroth is ready for ideas for new AA. If you have some ideas post them here so we can discuss them. Also feel free to send Pie or I a pm here, or on the eq forums, with your ideas if you want them submitted to Elidroth. Thanks for reading and have a good day. Hopefully we can get some fun new tools to work with.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Post by deadman1204 »

More ranks of Destructive Fury.
Another spell slot.
Aanelyen
Magician

Post by Aanelyen »

Passive AA to extend the range on FBO
Drayze
Trial Member

Post by Drayze »

An aa that when activated on a mob allows your rain spells to only hit that mob...can call it the Following Cloud aa if you want to be humorous ;)

Just would be a nice situational aa to have if grouped with a chanter or wanting to use rains on a raid mob that spawns adds.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Velocity for our pets
Shield of Fate for us
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Mintalee wrote:Velocity for our pets
Shield of Fate for us
Our pets are technically supposed to already come summoned with velocity speed. The trouble is that testing speed is extremely hard to do. I was never able to get official word on if the innate pet speed is actually as fast as a pet with the velocity buff. Some mages never put a run buff on their pets--though I still do because I am smurf sure my jboots are slower ;-)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I generally don't offer up my own opinions for AA's and just pass along those AA's people ask me to pass along. I will forward any ideas sent my way (those that are reasonable and ones that I know are not impossible*). Turn around may be slower than previous years because of my work schedule but I will email them verbatim to Eli if a time crunch comes up.

I would love to see an aa to summon a pet weapon that matters, for once. Even if we can only do it once every 30 minutes, or hour! Maybe a random of 4 weapons of various elemental abilities with decent graphics for a change.

*An example of an AA I know is impossible, and older mages should know too, is cross-zone coth. There aren't many and they are usually repeat requests.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I know that we have discussed before being able to command our swarm pets so that they don't stand idle after killing their target if the caster is not struck by another mob, but we were told that we can't give a command to a swarm pet once it is launched.

I wonder if it would be possible to steal a bit of code from mercs and allow swarm pets to respond to new aggro generated from anyone in the group being attacked rather than just the caster. Probably would need it to be something we could toggle if it is possible at all.

Not sure if that is so much an AA suggestion or a code change request, but worth asking about.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Voragath wrote:Our pets are technically supposed to already come summoned with velocity speed. The trouble is that testing speed is extremely hard to do.
Heh, my eyeballs work just fine and it's very obvious, particularly when summoning pet, when the spell has worn off. Heck, I'd take an upgraded version that lasts longer than an hour and a bit. ;)
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

a host of elements spell?
Put us closer to necros on swarm pets.

Huge upgrades for servant of Ro. Make it do 15k per hit.