Level 95 mage.. same old story just returning to the game

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Souluseq
Trial Member

Level 95 mage.. same old story just returning to the game

Post by Souluseq »

So I log on, get my 94 chanter and the 95 mage into the guild hall, buff up, go into the guild lobby.. and have NO idea what to do next. I am on free play right now, so I know the j5 mercs won't work. I have apprentice mercs as well for both toons just in case I do not want to pay for a script.

I cannot remember but I think spells auto populate our books now correct? Also, it says I own 19 of the 21 expansions. That would mean [for some ungodly reason] they gave me ROF. Where does a girl go to level? Earth pet will be tanking of course.

I'm trying like **** to find the master spell list, see whats missing..etc etc.. I'm lucky I can remember my macros. Oh EQ how I hate thee :)
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Level 95 mage.. same old story just returning to the gam

Post by Tweelis »

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=3482 .....General Returning to EQ FAQ aimed primarily at mages.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... ion=search .....Spell list.

http://eqaasearch.org/index.htm .....Searchable AA list

Yes RoF was given to everybody for free.

And welcome back. For leveling, I'd recommend talking to Franklin Teek in Plane of Knowledge and getting the level 85 and 90 hotzone tasks if for no other reason than to get your feet wet.

Basic playstyle when my wife ran her chanter was I'd send my pet and malo the mobs on incoming. She'd slow/cripple the mobs then send her pet in. Next I'd nuke, either rains or single shot DD spells depending on adds and what not.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

At that level I'd go to Valley of Lunanyn (sp?) for leveling. RoF may be accessible once you get to 96+, but w/o J5 mercs I'm guessing your healing would be a bit light.
Souluseq
Trial Member

Post by Souluseq »

Thanks guys,

I did find my way back to VOL since it's a hot zone. I also see they shut off advancing aa's unless you pay for full access. So I managed to get the journeyman merc out to heal and let the earth pet tank whites and dk blues. In the good old days everything died on the ds when pulling multiples but that is not the case this time around lol. It is interesting being back.

Again thank you for your links and help :) Much obliged.
Souluseq
Trial Member

Post by Souluseq »

That's oddly enough where I found myself over the weekend. VOL. It's a hot zone, I've got to get back into a groove with the apprentice mercs [they suck by the way].

Thanks again!