/pet sit changed or broken ?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Adonhiram
Conjurer

/pet sit changed or broken ?

Post by Adonhiram »

Hello fellow mages,

On TLP server, I noticed the /pet sit command doesn't work like I was used to it before I left. And I would like to know if the issue is the same on regular servers :

When I press the 'sit' button in the pet window, the pet reverts to follow mode after it's target dies. It does NOT stay at the spot where stood the mob before dying. This is different from the way it worked previously. In dungeons I always had my pet on /sit, because it has so many advantages which you all are aware about.

So I would like to know if you have the same pet behavior on regular servers when using /pet sit. Does the pet revert to /follow mode after mob dies even if you had put it on /sit ?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: /pet sit changed or broken ?

Post by Tweelis »

If I remember correctly when you have the pet sit command active then send your pet to engage a mob it'll beat the mob up. When the mob(s) are dead your pet will sit where it finished fighting. I to use to use this command like you described but when the changes occurred I no longer use sit or guard. Get use to g-hold as it's the closest thing we have.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

If I remember correctly when you have the pet sit command active then send your pet to engage a mob it'll beat the mob up. When the mob(s) are dead your pet will sit where it finished fighting.
Exactly, and that was so useful in many situations. When grouping or raiding, using /pet sit will :

- avoid having roaming pets, going back to their master or their /guard spot, which is less irritating for party and raid members (especially in classic/kunark/velious where there aren't pet shrink clickies available) ;

- shorten the distance the pet needs to travel to engage mob, as it will usually stand beside the tank at the spot last mob died.

So the command changed or has been broken, thanks for confirmation.

Oh, and by the way, what is g-hold ?
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

You likely won't have it on the Progression servers atm. It's a pet command that comes from the Pet Discipline AA, which I believe is from Luclin. Essentially, it stops the pet from adding any additional mobs that you didn't explicitly tell it to attack to its hate list.

I'm not 100% sure how that relates to /pet sit, though; I've never used it in the way you described.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Thx for info ;-) Do you mean /pet focus ? Your description sounds pretty close to what I remember from /pet focus.

As for Luclin, as AA were released for the first time, only the basic /pet hold was available under Pet Discipline afaik. Maybe you remember discussions we had here (on the old forum) several years ago to suggest clearing pet's hate list after a hold command to avoid having the pet chasing the wrong mob when told to attack again.

The macro was 1. /pet hold 2. /pet back off, was pretty useful.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

No, /pet focus stops the pet from switching targets among those on his hatelist without being directed. /pet ghold prevents the pet from adding targets to his hatelist without being directed.

I definitely could be wrong on the specific AA; I've had it for long enough that I could be remembering incorrectly. That said, going off of this page, it is from Pet Discipline.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

OK thanks !