Companion's Suspension AA seems to be broken?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Eaedyilye

Companion's Suspension AA seems to be broken?

Post by Eaedyilye »

I just came back after 2 years and this AA is broke for me, it does NOT work. When I try to use the companion suspension AA it won't suspend the pet. It says, " You cannot have more than 1 pet at a time. Your ability failed. Timer has been reset.." I do not have another pet suspended. That's the first thing I checked when I came back. I checked it multiple times just to be sure. It behaves like I have a suspended pet or that I'm moving when casting. Neither is true.

I bought the latest expansion, so I'm up to date. It says at the bottom of the description that you have to be level 67 to use it. I'm level 105 so I'm way higher than what's required.

Is this AA broke? Or is it not just useless? Such game unfriendly surprises await.
Sancus
Conjurer

Re: Companion's Suspension AA seems to be broken?

Post by Sancus »

What does it say when you dismiss your current pet and use it?

It's not a perfect fix, but if you buy Rank 8, you can swap your current and suspended pet. That might help fix it?

I've never seen that behavior, so if nothing works I'd probably /petition.
Eaedyilye

Post by Eaedyilye »

I think what happened, 2 years ago when I logged out I suspended my pet. When I came back, EQ thought I still had this pet, but I didn't have access to it, so it wouldn't let me suspend my pet. . So I ended up getting my character killed and now it works.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

I don't know if it is related to your problem, but they revamped the whole Suspension line to merge it with some other AAs like Pet Affinity. I suspect the AAs were refunded and you had to rebuy them, temporarily disabling your current suspension rank, which might explain what happened, but it's just a hypthesis ;-)