conning system

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
pandax
Arch Magus

conning system

Post by pandax »

I'm looking for a source on the internet that lists out the level formula for the conning system and the exp that the mobs give but can't seam to find one. Anyone got one handy? :)
Gadjett

Re: conning system

Post by Gadjett »

if they are RED then they are 4+ levels higher than you
if they are YELLOW they are 1-3 levels higher than you
if they are WHITE they are the same level as you
if they are DARK BLUE they are 1-5 levels lower than you
if they are LIGHT BLUE they are 6-10 levels lower than you
if they are GREEN they are 11-15 levels lower than you (you gain a very small amount of xp from green con mobs)
if they are GRAY they are 16 or lower than you and you wont gain XP from their death.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Right, but is that all levels, or just at 85?

Also, what are the exp multipliers?
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

pandax wrote:Right, but is that all levels, or just at 85?

Also, what are the exp multipliers?
It obviously can't work at low levels like that for the light blue ranges, but I think starting from level 50+ those numbers apply from then on out. The exp modifiers I haven't seen anyone actually parse out really, but according to the devs, the way AA exp works currently is the same increase that's there for normal exp as well. So just based off light blue % per kill in say comparison to dark blue would be the same as with the bonus to normal exp as well.

There are a few factors that play into it though which makes something like this really hard to parse and get accurate numbers. For example it's hard nowadays to find a zone that has a wide enough level range of mobs to be able to get say a bottom of the barrel light blue (15 levels below you), and then test in the same zone a mob that's bottom of the barrel dark blue (5 levels below you). You can't just go to another zone to try to test because every zone has it's own ZEM (zone exp modifier) which will end up skewing the results. Other factors that need to be taken into account is you must be solo because grouped (even with just a merc) will change the outcome because of the group bonus and the split of exp.

Although the one con difference that has been confirmed by the devs is light blue (15 levels below you) exp vs a dark blue (5 levels below you) is about double. So if a light blue gives you 3-4% AA per kill, a dark blue will give you 7-8% AA per kill. The exp goes up gradually within a con level as well, so a light blue will gradually give more exp as you face light blues within the con (so a light blue 15 levels below you would give less exp than a light blue that are only 7 levels below you).
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Sweet! Thanks! Yeah, over the years the topic has been so incredibly muddled through rumors etc, heh.

Hmmm, so as long as a mob is 15 levels or less below you, that mob will give you the same amount of EXP at every level?

AA's would have to require more exp per level then. IE an AA at level 51 would require much less exp than an AA at 85. Which was not how it always worked, correct? I'm trying to remember the patch that changed this but am failing, hehe.

What would be the patch then where the highest level person in a group drives how much %AA's that the lowest person gets?

The exp mechanics are some of the most muddled in the game, heh.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

One AA point was originally equal to the amount of exp required to level from 50 to 51. This was fine at first, but as the game went on and the max level kept going up, it created two major issues as I see it:

1) Higher level mobs naturally give more exp than lower level mobs, so whenever the level cap goes up and higher level mobs enter the game as exp mobs, AAs take less and less time to get.

2) A person in their low 50s could group with a max level person and gain hundreds of AAs in virtually no time at all.

So now, AA exp comes at a set rate based on the con of a mob to the highest level person in the group. What that means is:

1) If a mob cons grey to the highest person in the group, you can't get AA exp from it, regardless of what it cons to you.

2) AA exp actually comes faster at low levels in many cases, due to powerleveling and twink gear.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Lets just assume that we're talking about a light blue that's 15 levels below you in the examples for ease. And remember, this is purely talking about soloing and without any other exp modifiers. The entire system changes when you start adding in things like ZEMs, low AA bonus, group bonuses, group penalties, level difference of group member penalties/bonuses, etc, etc.
pandax wrote: Hmmm, so as long as a mob is 15 levels or less below you, that mob will give you the same amount of EXP at every level?
For AA yes. Although when they revamped AA exp, it was based off of in general what the AA gains were like at level 70. That being the case, the AA exp you get at level 51 for a light blue will give you less exp than a light blue at 70 because the new AA system is based on the exp you get on the old system.

Example.

Level 51 killed a light blue and it yields say 1-2% of an AA.

Level 70 killed a light blue and it yields 3% of an AA.

Level 85 killed a light blue and it yields 3% of an AA.

So to answer your question, starting at level 70 and above, and outside of ANY other exp modifiers yes it will be the same amount of exp as killing a light blue when at 70 or 85, it's only when you're below level 70 that you will get less exp for killing a light blue in our examples.

I know how the system works, but I'm not sure if I'm explaining it very well, so I do apologize if this makes it more confusing for you.

Hope this helps,
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Actually it does, thanks Dark! Yeah, things have become convoluted over the years, heh.

Yeah, I can't group my twink warrior for AA exp but I can for regular exp, heh.

Well until I get him closer in level to my main.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

pandax wrote:Actually it does, thanks Dark! Yeah, things have become convoluted over the years, heh.

Your problem is likely that AA exp is based on what the mob cons to the highest level person in the group. If you are level 85 and killing gray mobs, nobody in your group will receive AA exp, even if they are red cons to other people in the group.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Falino-Luclin wrote:
pandax wrote:Actually it does, thanks Dark! Yeah, things have become convoluted over the years, heh.

Your problem is likely that AA exp is based on what the mob cons to the highest level person in the group. If you are level 85 and killing gray mobs, nobody in your group will receive AA exp, even if they are red cons to other people in the group.
Umm, thank you for restating my post?