Feature request

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sirulus Delon

Feature request

Post by Sirulus Delon »

Currently when clicking a link in a post, you open that link in the same window which takes you away from the tower. Would it be possible to have that changed to where it launches it's own browser? Thanks.

-§ir
Ottaro
Elementalist

Re: Feature request

Post by Ottaro »

Right click, open in new window...
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

I knew someone would suggest this. I am very well versed in this practice, thank you very much. However, that was NOT my request nor my question. If you are not a board mod then please, don't comment. You cannot help me. My request was genuine and isn't (imo) too burdensome. I could be wrong however...

-§ir
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Sirulus Delon wrote:I knew someone would suggest this. I am very well versed in this practice, thank you very much. However, that was NOT my request nor my question. If you are not a board mod then please, don't comment. You cannot help me. My request was genuine and isn't (imo) too burdensome. I could be wrong however...

-§ir
/shrug, i was suggesting a solution that would not be burdensome to anyone except you and would take a whole second to get the result wanted.

As for if not a mod don't comment, you did post in the general thread, if you want to speak to a mod and only a mod, might i suggest a PM directly to them..
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

True I did post in general however again, you cannot do anything to fix or change it so it was not directed at you. It was a thread started with the title chosen so that the feature could be requested (and others if anyone had a request to add). Your suggestion isn't unique and I again am well aware of it's existance as we have the same set up (with links) on my guild message board. However I am still making the request and posting it in general in case I am not the only one who desires the same thing. If it doesn't affect you then really, no need to comment. Just skip over it like the other 31 viewers did before you.

And on that note, is there an ignore button?

-§ir
Danille

Post by Danille »

Sirulus Delon wrote:True I did post in general however again, you cannot do anything to fix or change it so it was not directed at you. It was a thread started with the title chosen so that the feature could be requested (and others if anyone had a request to add). Your suggestion isn't unique and I again am well aware of it's existance as we have the same set up (with links) on my guild message board. However I am still making the request and posting it in general in case I am not the only one who desires the same thing. If it doesn't affect you then really, no need to comment. Just skip over it like the other 31 viewers did before you.

And on that note, is there an ignore button?
-§ir
Considering the offensive tone of your posts. I expect that many will take your last option.
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

Lol.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Seriously, it was a suggestion by someone to make your life easier. Practically yelling at them and then requesting an ignore button to not see someone who tried to help you is uncalled for tbh.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

And it is uncalled for to make the suggestion in such an offhanded manner as if to dismiss the geniality of the original request. The ignore feature request was also a genuine one. Even without having issues with another poster that's a feature that may need to be implemented at some point. But it is also not my boards so /shrug; it matters not to me. However, above all the mod has decided that I was a bad boy and punished me. Now that I've been... punished, will that allow me to get a yea or nay to my request? Or does it get ignored now?

-§ir
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I have to agree the first time I read the post i did not see the "...." part so both of u 'attacked' each other with words. But it is also a valid request to ask and not have your knowledge of computers contested. Either way it is up to the owner of the website to implement it, so I highly doubt you getting warned for your use of language on the boards would get it thrown out the window.

I wouldn't mind it either, but it wont stop me from clicking links on the site either. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams