Next Expansion

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Next Expansion

Post by Calebe »

It won't be long before talk of a new expansion is upon us. Actually people are starting already. So I am making a thread to get ideas on new aa's you want to see, as well as spells. Upgrades to existing spells, and new spells. AA's you want to see and some you want upgraded. Also a wish list of things you would like added to the game. I have no idea if devs even know of this board yet, but whoever makes it into beta can read this and bring along the best of them.

A few I would like to see.

Old favorites we haven't gotten:

The biggest one, make twin cast work with the RS pet. This should be one we push hard for.
Pet Swap AA. Would be so handy.
Pet summoned with 2 weapons. Just add 1 ac to the summoned variety so that we can change it if we want.
Targeted summoned on at least invis stones. One of the most indemand item on a raid by those that can't invis.

Upgrade to existing AA's and wish list:

AA to reduce the reuse time on sinia aa to 15 seconds.
AA to make it last longer then 1 minute. 3-5 would be good.
AA to make it debuff for more.
Targeted Call of Hero so can click on a name in a raid and call them.
Cross zone call of the hero. (We can always ask).
Let frenzied burnout work on the fire pet to give it increased damage when in use.
AA to have the fire pet nukes crit.
AA to summon a Pegasus horse.
New Spells:
Upgrade to gift of xev but let it summon stat food and drink (20 of each), bandages that has a cure disease and poison. Make them at least a bt more useful.
New rod as asked for last expansion that will give back 5000-10,000 mana for 5000 hit points for example. Something to get us mana when we need it. (Mage only)

There are more, but this is just to get the discussion started. Lets see the idea's go over them and hope we get them implimented.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Next Expansion

Post by Voragath »

This was already done and asked for by Kozvar on the old tower before it went down. I think his list went in long before the site went down too. That makes this post almost moot. I say almost because this list is unlikely to make it to devs for the next expansion, as we have already sent a list, but you never know! Also, it is good to have the ideas out there so that we have a good list for next time. I just wanted to let people know that the mage community has already given it's input on aa's for the forthcoming expansion so they don't get their hopes up. Too bad Koz isn't on the site yet as he would be able to tell us what suggestions got sent in since the list is now lost to us except with koz and the devs :cry:

Anyway, keep the ideas and list going!

Personally, since we have a fire utility pet for memblur (companion of necessity) and an earth utility pet for distraction/root (Hulking Bodyguard), I would like to see a use each for the water and air pet. I can't seem to figure one out that wouldn't get some other classes' panties all bunched up. Maybe someone can think of some?
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

for my casters, i want a gate that cant collapse, even if it takes 10 seconds to cast

for my melee, i want an AA that makes my next swing proc a weapon proc... refreshable every half hour or hour.
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

My top AAs I would like to see are as follows:

Super Mod Rod (like above)

Instead of giving us the normal pet crit AAs, I would like to see a increased crit damage AA. Something to get the pet crits to be truly double instead of only like 60%. Maybe 6% per rank up to 5 ranks for 30% increase.

AAs to enable spell crit for pets.

CONTINUE the Pet mitigation line!! Also avoidance line. :)

Cross zone coth.............. :?

That's all I can think of for now. :mrgreen:
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

One thing about having pets summoned with weapons already in hand; I don't use the weps because their inherent proc's will occasionally block iceflame from proc'cing. Since I do a lot of soloing (when not raiding), having tanking capabilities maximized is of more importance than squeezing out a few extra DPS from pet weps. Just my opinion, but i'd be against the auto-wepping of pets.
Shadowkillerr

Post by Shadowkillerr »

Voragath wrote: Personally, since we have a fire utility pet for memblur (companion of necessity) and an earth utility pet for distraction/root (Hulking Bodyguard), I would like to see a use each for the water and air pet. I can't seem to figure one out that wouldn't get some other classes' panties all bunched up. Maybe someone can think of some?

Perhaps an Air utility pet that pops out, lasts for 3 seconds or so then MGB's levi and invis, then despawns. For a Water utility pet, I'm thinking it should be DPS related, maybe it could have an aura allowing any pets in range to be able to backstab from any direction?
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Redius wrote:One thing about having pets summoned with weapons already in hand; I don't use the weps because their inherent proc's will occasionally block iceflame from proc'cing. Since I do a lot of soloing (when not raiding), having tanking capabilities maximized is of more importance than squeezing out a few extra DPS from pet weps. Just my opinion, but i'd be against the auto-wepping of pets.
Item procs are different than spell procs. I've seen iceflame, and my pet's weapon proc at the same time on the same swing before.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

If you could provide a log or something showing this, i'd be very interested. Everything i've read (most of it on the old mage tower; believe it was in an entry by Vlada) said that the weapon procs have the possibility of blocking iceflame procs.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Post by Andorrabell »

I know Kozvar's list went in, but you never do know.
Last beta we got one of our AAs at the last minute after a direct request; so it can happen.
I miss Nodyin. <3 Nodyin.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Calebe wrote: The biggest one, make twin cast work with the RS pet.
This should be considered a must IMO. All the talk when twin cast was introduced said it was supposed to work on RS pets. Was just a coding issue given as the reason for it not working on the RS pets.
Calebe wrote: Let frenzied burnout work on the fire pet to give it increased damage when in use.
AA to have the fire pet nukes crit.
Both of these should recieve high priorities from whoever has the ears of the DEV's for the next expansion.
Calebe wrote: Targeted summoned on at least invis stones. One of the most indemand item on a raid by those that can't invis.
Yes and making them work on MGB would be great as well.
Calebe wrote: Targeted Call of Hero so can click on a name in a raid and call them.
Would sure be nice
Calebe wrote: New rod as asked for last expansion that will give back 5000-10,000 mana for 5000 hit points for example. Something to get us mana when we need it. (Mage only)
We need some better form of recovering mana than is currently available to the mage class.
An uber pet siphon where we get 1,000 mana per tic -- with penalty of pet cannot attack as long as siphon buff is on the mage

Other classes can canibalize, why not us?
Mage only rod 15,000 HP's for 10,000 mana -- no reuse time.
You want to take the risk of low HP's for mana -- should be your choice -- AOE's be damned -- A dead mage = zero DPS.

Suediwenae...