Essence Farming

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Msha
Magician

Re: Essence Farming

Post by Msha »

instead of using pet guard and pet back, just hit stop... Pet will stop attacking and wait at that position till you give him a new order, much much easier.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Msha wrote:instead of using pet guard and pet back, just hit stop... Pet will stop attacking and wait at that position till you give him a new order, much much easier.
Hmm, that's good to know. I was also doing the Guard + Hold combo.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I have been doing it that way for like 6 years now lol, hard to break old habits. But yeah that way also will work.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

T3's should be easy enough. I'd recommend the Bite instance, especially if you have some friends willing to hold tasks for you, you could have several going at once.

T4 nameds aren't overly tough either, but in my experience you're better off hunting T5's and downgrading. I had to do that to my chest, my legs and something else. The T4's are hard to come by. I went through I believe a 27+ named kills without an essence between Tosk and KW.

T5's are on steroids, especially in OBF. It is advisable that you dispell mobs from that theme as they seem to come super buffed. I managed to molo 1 named mob in Koro, that was the feran. I also moloed a few in CoD, but those were rough. Like Bite for T3, you can do Studying the Portal for T5 to try and spawn the named, but I can't molo that wench. Died 6 times one day trying. The AE ramp just wrecks you hard core. Ramping for full dmg at 7K+, it only takes 2 rounds to kill me. However, I never did upgrade my cleric merc and I still walk around with a T3 one, so your mileage may vary with a better cleric merc. I refuse to spend the cash for the higher ones, even though I only break out the merc for named mobs in T4 and below.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

i) Fortify is important. Forget about Earthen unless you're doing some super-prep and Aegis has already reloaded.
ii) Debuffs are important. Annul is a simple BIG thing so many people forget. Mal-debuff too. Resists are the devil.
iii) Aegis is important.
iv) Block "bad" Merc heals on your pet. Merc Reactive.
v) Keep Burning Aura line up on pet.
vi) DS of course
vii) Discs of course
viii) CoN is useful in more than one way .... dot dot dot... tilde

Few other things but that's the gist of it.

Being judicious you will have fun with this stuff, and win more often than you lose.

Bird camp in Kora is a fun place to test your mettle.

That Named Kyv (can't remember his name) who roams around the Tower in CoD is a great measure. He'll test you, and so will the camp break.

Bara
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The camp break for the kyvs and birds is quite fun lol. CoH pulling those camps can get hectic at times but is hella fun lmao. The 5k DD the birds have sux major for pulling, but always fun. :lol:

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

With EM7, could fairly easily molo Bazu Warsmasher and Grg'nok sittin on the ramp to tower, burning all AA when they pop. Companion's Blessing, Replenish Companion, Aegis RK III = the win. I prefer the earth pet when moloing in Kora, myself.

CoD was also very easy moloing mobs that were close to the dragorn guards. Get mob below half, then pull back to guards, and continue to nuke, let the guards eat the ramp. With the frequency these are camped and the low population on test, I'm sure these camps are always taken on live servers though(I am assuming the guards work the same on live?). As long as we do more than 50% damage, we collect xp and loot.

Now that we have the Underfoot AA on test, if we can break the camp, the killing of any single SoD group mob is trivial. 3 RS pets at a time + more passive... insane

Nylrem of Test
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

nylrem wrote:CoD was also very easy moloing mobs that were close to the dragorn guards. Get mob below half, then pull back to guards, and continue to nuke, let the guards eat the ramp. With the frequency these are camped and the low population on test, I'm sure these camps are always taken on live servers though(I am assuming the guards work the same on live?). As long as we do more than 50% damage, we collect xp and loot.
Yes, the guards work the same on live and will assist to help kill the mobs. I was there killing stuff near the gate, and would run if I got 2 on the pull. It's rather funny actually, much like running to the city guards with a train of mobs as a newbie. :)
If you can get a single pull, and a single guard, you will still get xp because you can out DPS 1 guard. However, the guards tend to die because they are always tanking and your merc doesn't heal them.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I just got the pet guard/back off enrage thing down. Works like a charm and I finally have a use for that previously useless (to me) pet window. I just have to ge where I remember to turn guard off and follow on when done because more than once I have killed the named, looted and then ran off to find something else and click pet attack while nothing happens as pet is back at the last spot diligently guarding....nothing.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Is there a slash command for pet stop? Like, oh, I don't know... /pet stop or /pet stop on? Seems to me it wouldn't be too hard to make an enrage button if so:

/pet stop on
/pause 100
/pet stop off

That would save you from leaving a pet parked behind (god knows I do it too, and I'm sure if we took a poll more mages have then haven't).
Last edited by Merlaina on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.