Tradeskills

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
sharrien
Elementalist

Re: Tradeskills

Post by sharrien »

I used a lot of uncut gems and nihilite to keep costs down. Most can be purchased in the bazaar for far less than the sellback price difference from doing traditional gem and metal combines. In skilling up my mage recently I used very few diamonds and blue diamonds, probably less than 10 or so each.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Dadani wrote: Can sell the bracelets right back to the vendor cuz smurf things don't stack. I don't have the information I kept during the tradeskill work, but I had transferred 750,000pp into Dadani's account and still had ~175kish left when I hit 300. Started at 54.
Heh, well obviously you have considerably more cash available to you than I do. I think the most I ever had was still when I saved up to buy my crown of elemental mastery, and it was only 54K. But then I've always been terrible about blowing my cash (though usually on tradeskills).
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Yeah, I've never even seen 750K at one time. But like I said, it wasn't the cost (I don't vendor dive, I just save what I hunt) and didn't say JC wasn't easy. I was just complaining about the lack of skill ups making it evil. If you count about 50-60 dwerium combines and 230 BD combines; that's close to 300 combines without a single skill increase. 0/300 is a hard pill to swallow.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

lol, I've almost maxed out JC for 5k :p

Just setup a buyer and look for the raw nihilites and uncut gems. Find a list of the trivials online. Salvage and jewelry mastery help a lot with that skill.

I've maxed out smithing and tailoring/pottery/JC very close to being maxed for only about 40k.

I'm just waiting till I max out JC3 to finish off JC which I will probably get tonight with my lessons.

Just got the silks and pelts I need to finish off tailoring tonight!

Pottery is at 250.....I want to finish it before UF comes out, but this one seams to be one of the most pricey and difficult to do at higher levels without foraging forever. I really wish there was an auto forager, LOL.

I have brewing at 200 and I am currently collecting items for tome research...... that one is more of a dream than anything else though, LOL.

Haven't touched fletching or baking....but I will prob level them up to 200 just for the hell of it.

I can't wait till UF comes out though for Tradeskills, I'll be rich :D
Kshipper

Post by Kshipper »

I used the Uncut gems. You can only do well on Blue Diamonds and Black Sapphires if you have no failures, but that's the problem. The failures are high when you are skilling up so I would use Round Cut Jacinth. That gets you to 287. Square Cut Black Sapphire takes you to 300 or Pear Cut Rubellite takes you to 300 too (304 trivial). It's much easier to get friends and guildies to save these for you because the have no vendor value. =)

If you are just starting jewel craft then you want to pay attention to all the uncut gems since they represent the bulk of tough part of maxing jewel craft.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

uncut gems and nihilites.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

pandax wrote:... and difficult to do at higher levels without foraging forever. I really wish there was an auto forager, LOL.
Where there is AF there is autoforage. 8-)
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

AF?
Rhodam_Taerrol

Post by Rhodam_Taerrol »

pandax wrote:AF?
I assume he's talking about Autofire.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

ahhhhh, don't the items just get stacked up on your cursor though? I wouldn't mind loading up an alt char on my laptop and using an AF controller while I was playing my main and just having an audio trigger for if I get a tell. That's legitimate under my personal ethics!