Tradeskills

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
pandax
Arch Magus

Tradeskills

Post by pandax »

Are a cruel mistress.....
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Tradeskills

Post by Sillaen »

Evil is more like it. I'm at 295 in jewelcraft and the last time I tried to advance it, I went through 230 blue diamonds for nada. Man was I pissed.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Sillaen wrote:Evil is more like it. I'm at 295 in jewelcraft and the last time I tried to advance it, I went through 230 blue diamonds for nada. Man was I pissed.
There are much cheaper alternatives for maxing out JC nowadays. Just saying ;)
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Yeah, I haven't had a skillup in years!
Oh wait. . .
;)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Yeah, but I also spent an hour making spells the other night, cost me 10K, and overnight selling I made 20K and sold less than half the spells. No skill ups (I think my skill is around 255) but I don't even hope for them when making spells, just when I get a bunch of binding powder and crank out scrolls. Right now I average 1 skill up per 20 combines, but I'm sure as I get higher that will slow down even more.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

Those binding powders are a 2 for 1 deal sorta. The combine can be used to make a higher level trivial research item. The binding powders can get expensive, I was fortunate enough to have guild support and got buried in binding powders. If not I would never have gotten the quill.
Image Image
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Yeah, my guild (all 5 of us) saves what they get for me, but I'm by far the most active player. I keep an eye on the bazaar and buy any I can get for under 100pp, but that usually only yields about 10 a week, plus another 10 or so I have drop myself. All and all I get about 40 attempts a week, which averages 2 points. It's slow going. :(
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

Sometimes buyer mode yields good results. I found more in buyer then looking for sellers.

I found a lot of binding powders for the high level trivials at the crypt area in loping plains. Right near the entrance to HoS. 2 named pop in the camp. I seem to recall getting a lot of the powders there. There is a little valley that leads up to the HoS zone line. Looking toward the HoS zone line, the camp is on your right. Was a great AA spot with my paladin. All undead.

Also iirc, the gnolls in Direwind yielded a lot of powders but those may be too low of a trivial now.
Image Image
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

pandax wrote:
Sillaen wrote:Evil is more like it. I'm at 295 in jewelcraft and the last time I tried to advance it, I went through 230 blue diamonds for nada. Man was I pissed.
There are much cheaper alternatives for maxing out JC nowadays. Just saying ;)
Cheaper - maybe, but easier, no. I don't like anything you have to go through 600 sub-clicks to make 1 attempt, my wrist and fingers can't take it. If you have something cheaper and relatively easy to do, please tell. I've been making dwerium trio stuff for lowbies and alts and have yet to get a point increase from dozens of those made.

Besides, I wasn't complaining about the cost. I don't buy blue diamonds, I just save them up from my hunts so all I buy is the velium bars. I was complaining about the 230 attempts without a single increase. I currently have another 123 BDs in bank to make another run at skilling up.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

If you have something cheaper and relatively easy to do, please tell.
Possibly I am missing something, but JC is very easy. I made it to 300 in one day with my paladin. My paladin is my trade skiller only because I had mastered 2 skills before I created my mage. The cost is still relatively expensive, but I had stockpiles of BD's saved up. I never really had any issues getting BD's, even vendor diving usually yielded a good amount.

This combination is trivial 302. Two components. Velium bar and blue diamond.
http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 0070900000
Can sell the bracelets right back to the vendor cuz smurf things don't stack. I don't have the information I kept during the tradeskill work, but I had transferred 750,000pp into Dadani's account and still had ~175kish left when I hit 300. Started at 54.
Image Image