Level 70 Aura + Burnout

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Eeger

Level 70 Aura + Burnout

Post by Eeger »

Do the damage modifiers stack... or is it pointless to have the aura on now?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Level 70 Aura + Burnout

Post by Tweelis »

They do not stack; however the aura is still nice to have around if you ever have other pets out such a the gargoyle or group/raid members pets. I'm not sure if the aura hits the host pets but it wouldnt' surprise me if it did.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

What Tweelis said. I don't usually use it when soloing (even though it does affect the RS line) but I try to keep it up on raids to benefit the other pet classes.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Tweelis wrote:I'm not sure if the aura hits the host pets but it wouldnt' surprise me if it did.
The aura hits every pet we've got (and all the other pets in the vicinity). One thing to remember is that the aura will not function if you suspend your pet. The buff will still be displayed, but none of the function will be there.
Eeger

Post by Eeger »

Redius wrote:
Tweelis wrote:I'm not sure if the aura hits the host pets but it wouldnt' surprise me if it did.
The aura hits every pet we've got (and all the other pets in the vicinity). One thing to remember is that the aura will not function if you suspend your pet. The buff will still be displayed, but none of the function will be there.
So you're saying if I suspend my pet... camp out... come back... and unsuspend, I will have to re-aura my pet?
[81 Grand Summoner (Magician)] Eeger Beever (Gnome) <Callidus> Zone: Sanctus Seru
Shadowkillerr

Post by Shadowkillerr »

Eeger wrote:
Redius wrote:
So you're saying if I suspend my pet... camp out... come back... and unsuspend, I will have to re-aura my pet?
Correct.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

The way Koz explained it back on the old tower was our aura is like an invisible pet that casts the buff on all pets in the vicinity. If we suspend our regular pet the invisible aura casting pet will poof and will have to be resummoned to resume it's aura casting duties.
IblisTheMage

Post by IblisTheMage »

Sorry, I am a bit slow here:

Which aura is the Lvl 70 Aura?

I have burning Aura, lvl 68, but I don't know of a level 70 version...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

If you zone, you have to recast the aura as well.

A handy trick I've learned to know if your aura is working or not. Click the buff off the pet. Cast the aura. If the buff shows back up, it wasn't working before; if it doesn't show up, the aura was working before (the downside for this part is that you now won't know when it wears off).

The two aura's he's referring to are the PoR auras that are our only auras (different than a spell with the name "aura" in it). The level 55 one is called "Earthen Strength" and the level 70 one is "Rathe's Strength."
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Great Trick Zoro =)

One way to get around it "not showing up" again after playing with your idea, is to suspend the pet after you click off the buff. When you un-pocket him and recast the buff shows properly.

Bara