Normal raid pet

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tirgh

Normal raid pet

Post by Tirgh »

Raiders-do you use air or water as your "normal" pet on raids? Or do you use air on trash and bring up water on bosses? I know water parses higher when you get the positioning correctly, but it's always such a pain in the butt to do that positioning, especially on a lot of trash...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Normal raid pet

Post by Merlaina »

I'm not a raider, but do you have the companions relocation AA? I would imagine this would solve a lot of your water pet positioning woes so you can max that DPS. I find even just for grouping or soloing it's terribly useful and definitely worth the AA investment.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

I use mostly water and fire on raids, fire is good for trash or multi mob scripts. I use water on the big guys.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Water, Water, Water.

I put one FBO'd in my pocket and when Boss Time rolls around when FBO-main runs out, I kill him and bring out FBO-pocketed.

Incredible Damage, the Water pet. Incredible.

Oh, if I was lazy, I used Air.

If I had died, I'd use Fire.

Bara
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Water almost always on bosses. I use the FBO trick also but instead of doing a second water pet, I just use a fire pet on trash most of the time. That way I don't have to get two pets buffed. If I lose my water pet I'll usually pull out a fire pet since it doesn't need buffs to be effective.

There are very rare occasions where I'd use a air pet or fire pet on bosses, but it doesn't happen often. I can think of the second boss in the Vergalid's End instance in TSS with the big PB lifetap where I would use a fire pet.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

The little time I spend outside of raids is usually solo and for that purpose I often use an air pet for just about everything. At the end of the raid night I have a fully raid buffed air pet to run around and do my hunting with. I will occasionally bring out a water pet on raids. For trash clears I usually pocket a fully FBO'd air pet and pull up MS (yes monster summoning).

And yes, I know water is more dps and I even have comp reloc, but for me it's all about convenience and nostalgia. :D
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

air group, water raids (fire second raid choice). The DPS difference is well worth it.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Water on raids, Air for most anything else. If I die and get rezzed back in while the fight is still going, I click mod rod and make a fire pet.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Water pet for Raids. If I die, yeah, Mod rod + Fire pet if it's needed. I think I've used Fire pet a few times when doing new stuff, just because it's easier to manage when you're running raids.

Outside of raids, all Air pet, essentially.
roro

Post by roro »

Water pet with companions relocation on longer raids, on short ones or if I want to solo after I'll use air. I'll use fire if I'm feeling lazy or if it's best to keep Goner next to me for whatever reason.