Fire Pets don't move?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Gladriella

Fire Pets don't move?

Post by Gladriella »

So if I understand correctly the Fire Pets are strictly casters and wont go melee mobs as well?? :shock:

Ain't Copy and Paste Wonderful
Last edited by Gladriella on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Fire Pets don't move?

Post by Piemastaj »

They won't melee if they are not in melee range when you tell them to attack the mob. If they are in melee range of the mob however they will start hitting the mob.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

They're melee is actually decent, if you have them in range to do it. But they'll stop and nuke from the point they were at when you told them to attack. They do melee, but only if the target is within melee range.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

This applies to level 51+ fire pets only, but yes.

It was designed that way to provide mages with an alternate pet on fights where being in melee range of the mob is a bad idea. It's also a very nice DPS option for low AA mages, as it is pretty good "out of the box".

If I die on a raid, and get rezzed back in while the fight is still going, I hit my mod rod and then make a fire pet. It doesn't need all the buffs and weapons, etc. to make it better. Just point and shoot.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

I'm not sure why companions relocation doesn't work on it though...it would be very useful in a raid situation to be able to move the firepet into melee range since you will get more dps out of him that way. His nuke isn't affected by meleeing whatsoever
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Glaven wrote:I'm not sure why companions relocation doesn't work on it though...it would be very useful in a raid situation to be able to move the firepet into melee range since you will get more dps out of him that way. His nuke isn't affected by meleeing whatsoever
Be nice, but the way the pet is stuck there is some back-side code Voodoo that Rytan did. My impression is its best not to ask how it did it. (My guess is he's using the "rooted NPC" code).
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Mindrix wrote:
Glaven wrote:I'm not sure why companions relocation doesn't work on it though...it would be very useful in a raid situation to be able to move the firepet into melee range since you will get more dps out of him that way. His nuke isn't affected by meleeing whatsoever
Be nice, but the way the pet is stuck there is some back-side code Voodoo that Rytan did. My impression is its best not to ask how it did it. (My guess is he's using the "rooted NPC" code).
If you tell the Fire Pet to /pet attack and the pet cannot see the mob, it will stand where it is but not cast.
In those cases Summon Companion does work until the pet gets on the mob's agro list.
So you can move to a more advantageous spot and summon your pet there.

Sued...