Commanding 3 pets with one command?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
zurfinator

Commanding 3 pets with one command?

Post by zurfinator »

I play 3 mages on 2 computers (alt-tab ro switch the 2 secondary mages). My question is about stopping all 3 pets when the mob enrages. I have a voice macro to alert me. Is there a way to use the alert to trigger a command automatically, so I don't have to use my cramped fingers to stop each pet individually? Maybe there is not, I don't know. But if there is, it would be nice to utilize it. Any help will be appreciated.

Zurf.
Igniz Facere

Re: Commanding 3 pets with one command?

Post by Igniz Facere »

Yes, it is possible - No, it is not legal, so dont try it ;)

The allmighty hammer of artillery, beneath which all things are rendered equal
zurfinator

Post by zurfinator »

Thank you. :) Of course I would be only interested in legal methods... Oh, well, it was worth to ask.

Zurf
Igniz Facere

Post by Igniz Facere »

If you have the Companions Relocation AA, you can push your Tankpet around a bit until the mob turns his back to your other two pets and guard it there. That might help. Give him your DS and play a bit with our pyroshroud so it generates a bit mor aggro than the other two pets.

The allmighty hammer of artillery, beneath which all things are rendered equal
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Igniz Facere wrote:If you have the Companions Relocation AA, you can push your Tankpet around a bit until the mob turns his back to your other two pets and guard it there. That might help. Give him your DS and play a bit with our pyroshroud so it generates a bit mor aggro than the other two pets.
Also be sure to turn taunt off on the other pets if you go this route.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

zurfinator wrote: I have a voice macro to alert me.
What is a voice Macro?

But yes, what you are asking for is possible in a legal way. At least if you had one computer for each account.

Set up an audio trigger that plays a wave file saying "One".

Run a voice recognition engine, it was/is suported by EQ. If you look at the ingame help the /voice and /vrdelay commands are still valid for controlling the voice recognition software. You could also google for mor information.

They are mentioned in the EQ documentation, and Ive never seen a patch message that they have removed them.

When the voice recognition hears the "One" message, it will press your first hotbutton.

This is done with thing Sony has provided us with, so I guess its leagal.

I have never tested this.
zurfinator

Post by zurfinator »

Wati wrote:But yes, what you are asking for is possible in a legal way. At least if you had one computer for each account.
Set up an audio trigger that plays a wave file saying "One".
Run a voice recognition engine, it was/is suported by EQ. If you look at the ingame help the /voice and /vrdelay commands are still valid for controlling the voice recognition software. You could also google for mor information.
They are mentioned in the EQ documentation, and Ive never seen a patch message that they have removed them.
When the voice recognition hears the "One" message, it will press your first hotbutton.
This is done with thing Sony has provided us with, so I guess its leagal.
I have never tested this.
Thanks, I will investigate. Never messed with the voice recognition system, but it sounds like an interesting possibility. Being the ripe age of 2^6 ;) I can use a bit of help to control my three pets. How can you control which hotbutton is to be pushed? There is still a lot to learn even after having played the game since 1999... but that is what makes it so much fun.

Zurf
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

zurfinator wrote:
Wati wrote: Set up an audio trigger that plays a wave file saying "One".
Being the ripe age of 2^6 ;) I can use a bit of help to control my three pets. How can you control which hotbutton is to be pushed?
Zurf
Your 1000000 years old?

Guess what will happen if the voice recognition hears the word "two".

Google it and you will find some oldinformation. I havent looked for a few years, but think there is no patch message where they have stated that they have removed it. Information is still availiable in the help in the ingame browser. One of the best old voice recognition engines was Dragon Dictate, refered to within the help pages. I do belive Microsoft has released something similar/better nowdays.

Just contact the customer support and say you broke some arms/hands/fingers and want to play EQ while your healing/home from work. Ask if the voice recognition still is valid?

But still, you refered to a voice macro? Whats that? Did you meant an Audio trigger?

//Wati

PS there are 10 different kinds of people, they who undersand binary and they who dont.
Flamerge

Post by Flamerge »

2^6 <> 10^6
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Flamerge wrote:2^6 <> 10^6
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

FYI

1000000 = 64