Sympathetic Items/augs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Sympathetic Items/augs

Post by jack96jill »

do they have a decent proc rate? which gets priority, the proc from aug/item or enchanter/bard buff or can they both be proc'd on the same cast?
Glaven
Elementalist

Re: Sympathetic Items/augs

Post by Glaven »

actually i have a more basic question...what do they do and how do they work :?:
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

they proc based on detrimental spell casts, kinda like the enchanter buff/aura...or so i understand, i seen several augs with different flavors of dmg procs, one lifetap, one heal, one gives mana and the mage item procs pets. that was just the stuff i had seen on the mission/brells arena vender.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

These procs are the caster versions of the procs on melee weapons; ours just procs by casting rather than swinging. It is totally separate from anything else. They can probably be increased by our spell damage and spell crit lines like hybrids' do.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

They're supposed to proc about 2 times per minute. I'm trying to figure out how to work them in at the moment still, lol.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

what do you mean by work them in? Dont you just equip them and they are what they are?
Laeaddor

Post by Laeaddor »

These would be like the effect on the withering staff from the MMs?
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Laeaddor wrote:These would be like the effect on the withering staff from the MMs?
Yes
Raneern

Post by Raneern »

With limited data (over an hour) it was looking more like 3 procs while engaged per minute. The lightning proc Lvl 6 appears to average around 350 damage (inclusive of crits). I think plus spell damage comes into play in determining what it hits for. Currently I'm assuming focus effects don't as it doesn't vary up or down like a nuke would. If the effect was in Aug form I figure it would cost me a 90/90 Aug. So maybe 20 DPM X 90 or around 1,800 damage as the potential cost in a five plus minute raid encoutner (one where mana would be fully used). It's ealry days but thinkig of it in number terms as doing (3*350*5= 5,250). Or as approx. a 2.5 to 1 coverage ratio on the cost. Sometimes there would be no cost as we would either have access to OOC regen or not of used our mana entirely.

I also have a primary that has the mana procs lvl 1 effect. In the two days since obtaining,I haven't tested it to see exactly how much mana it returns. Based on coding and guesstimates, it may be 100 mana. The proc rates looking the same based on the text message. If that 100 is right, I figure it's alot more valuable in a long encounter than the spell damage. Perhaps worth 60,000 damage in a 10 minute drag out fight.
Celi

Post by Celi »

I want to know about stacking please.

Can anyone corfirm that
Sympathetic minion
Sympathetic fire
Sympathetic alleviation

Will stack?
What about 2 damage type ones?
i.e. Sympathtic frost & Fire?

Many thanks