Sympathetic augs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Redius
Conjurer

Sympathetic augs

Post by Redius »

Has anyone parsed out and played with the sympathetic augs? I'm curious if they're worth replacing a mana aug with.
wire
Elementalist

Re: Sympathetic augs

Post by wire »

Anyone one of the alleviation procs is strictly superior to any mana aug. The lowest alleviation effect I've seen is 100 mana (225 at 6?) and with an observed procrate of at least 2.7/minute (more on some weapons), it's not hard to do the math, and you'll almost never be oom in less than the time it takes you to get at least 3 procs.

Use the DD's if you aren't worried about mana.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

I thought some of the sympathetic augs proc'd on spell casts? What affects the rate in that situation? I also noticed that many are primary, secondary, and range...can casters put them in all of those slots and have them proc on nukes?
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Awwhh, it'll all be OK. I totally know how you feel. Trust me, we have all been there, it will be fine.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

Groan, very clever Pandax :roll:
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I view it in much the same way as the spec evocation aug - it doesn't give as big of a one time boost, but over the course of your mana bar you gain a lot more from it. My set up has 3 sympathetic procs (all damage, one augment and two built in) and I get one going off almost every cast. Adds up to quite a bit of extra damage over a mana bar.
Last edited by Malleria on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

How much damage do those ones from the silver tokens/boomerang game do?
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

With 110 or so spell damage, the fire VI aug from the boomerang vendor does 249 damage, andcrits for about 700. I'm more curious about the sympathetic pet proc on the gold token evolving weapon. I'm still using 2.0 so that would be a nice upgrade if the pet does some decent damage.

[EDIT] To answer my own question, the pet proc is a solo cameo appearance of the PoP era turd herd. Grey con tiny earth pet that hits for 50'ish, affected by AA crit/flurry, can have multiple's up. They seem to last 20 seconds or so, maybe 1k damage per proc assuming mob stays alive that long. My concern now is what happens when you get a sympathetic proc of a RmS cast, haven't had it long enough to find out.

-nako/saryrn
Last edited by nako on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Where do you get these augs?
Danille

Post by Danille »

boomerang missions - brells rest!
This is the 'Brell's Arena' monster mission/task involving the boomerang game introduced with Underfoot. To request this event, speak with either Gilbot the Magnificent or Gilbot the Golden in the northwestern part of Brell's Rest (by the lava next to the ramp leading to the Shining City).

No KOS mobs wander on their own to their location, but the area is still not entirely safe due to the nature of the zone. Keep a lookout for mobs while interacting with either of these NPCs.

There is a lockout timer associated with this task, most likely from the point at which you request it (45 to 60 minutes?).

You say, 'Hail, Gilbot the Magnificent'

Gilbot the Magnificent says 'Hi there _____. Are you [crazy]?'

You say, 'Maybe I'm crazy'

Gilbot the Magnificent says 'Of course, to be honest, who here isn't a bit crazy? But I guess I'm just wondering, since you're talking to me, if you are a [specific] kind of crazy, the kind of crazy that likes to get hit in the face by a boomerang thrown by an angry gnoll.'

You say, 'I'm a very specific kind of crazy'

Gilbot the Magnificent says 'Oh, you are? Excellent! Step this way, grab a set of boomerangs and get ready for pain, er, fun fun fun!'

You have been assigned the task 'Brell's Arena - Boomerang Brawl!'.
The direction to the entry to your instanced zone(s) have been marked on your compass.

Enter Brell's Arena and prepare for a wild and frantic contest! Three teams of Kobold and Gnoll players contest with each other in Brell's Arena, 'playing' a game that involves throwing a boomerang made out of stone at each other.

Rules: Each time a player hits a member of the opposite team, that player will gain 1 point. If you are hit with a disc more than once in a thirty second period you will lose 1 point. You can lose points while you are knocked down, so get up as quickly as you can! Points are tallied at the end of ten minutes, when the contest ends, and the contestants retire to rest up for a new game.

You have been given the opportunity to join one of these three teams, and you and your companions will enter the arena and fight it out with the minions of Brell, and possibly, each other. Anyone on a different team is fair game for your boomerang, but you must use the correct boomerang to knock your opponent down.

Rewards will be given based on your standing at the end of ten minutes, so try to score as many points as you can!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter Brell's Arena and participate in the games 0/1 (Brell's Rest)

Score as many points as you can! 0/1 (Brell's Arena)

The entrance to the arena is located in the eastern part of Brell's Rest, in the kobold camp (it's marked on your compass).

Available monster templates include:
Nra`Vruu Mucktail
SaNril`Rexsso
Sodkee Blackfang

Donup Misteyes
Endunr Darkpaw
Teenta Narseekin
Khelup Icepaw
Bragnar Noox
Mkrarrg Endi
Berzok the Elder
Urgak Twil
Ruga Taex

Templates come equipped with Bread Cakes, Skins of Milk, Red and Yellow Boomerangs, and Brell's Personal Blessing.

Once in the arena zone, speak with Gilbot again to initiate things: ou say, 'Hail, Gilbot the Wary'

Gilbot the Wary says 'Well if you've come this far I guess you really are crazy. When you're ready to [start] let me know!'

You say, 'Let's start!'

Gilbot the Wary says 'I'm not sticking around to watch. It's too dangerous!'
Y