Pet focus in UF and progression...

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Kshipper

Pet focus in UF and progression...

Post by Kshipper »

Well I can see pet focus being the next major hurdle for the Mages in UF. Since the mobs are considered Tier 6 and I assume most are like me (stuck at Minion II as non raiders) we could really use a better pet focus for UF content. I have found 2 Minion IV items that appear to be from the first tier: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=109011 and http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=109411 ......the Coldain ear comes from a named Goo in the Cooling Chamber (according to Raspers) and the Ratskull earring seems to be a global tier-wide drop (according to post on Steel Warrior). I was hoping there might be one available on the Brells Arena vendors, but so far - nada.

I have already run into a tough spot in progression in Brells Rest already. On one required task you have to kill multiple waves of mobs by standing in very small area between 3 posts. The first wave is 5 mobs and of course our current pet can't take them all (so im guessing you need mez or a tank of some kind), plus it's really hard to stand out of range to let the pet tank. I can see a WAR AE taunt with a mezzer (ENC or Bard) the way to get this done. I am going to try testing the limits of how close I can stand to being outside the posts but I ran out of time before the patch. The task ends as soon as you step outside the ring or your whole party is dead. Maybe a J5 Merc tank? I haven't been using him since pets have made such good tanks in SoD...hmmm
Mendoros07
Magician

Re: Pet focus in UF and progression...

Post by Mendoros07 »

Yes the focus of this expansion is heavily favoring the group aspect -- in other words trying (at least for the new zones), to force people to group to advance. I think it will be a matter of time before folks find a way maybe to solo effectively or 2 or 3 box. At the release of SOD it seemed impossible, and now I can easily walk through friends through the Void progressions -- at times just 2 of us... or I can 3 box almost all.

As you said at least they added EM IV to the first tier so that the non-raiding folks can get access to those.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Pet DA and other defensive/mitigation/avoidance AA's make a huge difference, but yeah these new mobs really tear up our Jobers.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

First tier is em IV , and you'll be pleased to hear that em V and VI will be available to groupers this expansion on ears. I'll post info on what drops them as I find them :)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I'm amused to see sharpshooting on a mag/nec/bst only item. Time to start summoning those bandoleers of luclin. :)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

EMV ear drops off Envoy Finlar in Underquarry, an easily groupable mob which will have no adds. Just have to deal with her rampage. Item is listed on Raspers.
Nimmage

Post by Nimmage »

yes I got Servant's Bone from Envoy Finlar in Underquarry tonight - Neraforesta helped me kill with one merc so easily groupable without raid gear.
Citik

Post by Citik »

Can anyone confirm where Envoy Frindar spawns please?

I've been killing the placeholder marked on Rasper's map for many hours now, but I haven't seen her yet.

The spot i've been clearing is the lower of the two small dead-end passages in the eastern Burynai area.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

That's the spot. Common drop is the aug, the ear is the rare. Can also drop T7 wrist clay.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

T6 petfocus "Coldain Phalanges Earring" is from Acidic Goo. Got mine yesterday (magelo not updated yet), takes almost an eternity to get it from that mob.
I presume that this Acidic Goo is one of those named who has ph allover the zone (probably anywhere where you can find more than 2 goos in a spot).
If I understand well, the likehood to get a named spawned at a specific spot decreases with the amount of possible spawn points.

The first 3 days we haven't seen any named there and started to doubt, if we where in right spot.

Rought guestimate: keeping one of its ph permadown you may get 1 named every around 6h on averange. He comes always with 2 "weak" add-goos each around 200k HP. We always head for "sessions" around 4 ours when we head out to farm stuff and the sessions where I have seen no Acidic goo may have been as much as those where we got one.

Mine has been the third earring I have seen dropping. Samplesize I would guess to be around 40 ours at this spot.
So not enought to really claim one named per 6 ours, could be as well just the RNG playing games with us.

In total we got 3 earrings and 3 augs so far. So cannot tell what's supposed to be the Goos common drop.