How many AA's do you get....

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Redius
Conjurer

Re: How many AA's do you get....

Post by Redius »

Voragath wrote:I was able to get about 5-6 on brownies pre 1k aa's and pre-raid gear but that was also pre 85; the aaxp isn't great now because they are green.

<snip>

My guess is that pally also didn't mention he has less than 1000 aa's which is where the bonus lies; once you hit 1000 aa's, the bonus is gone.

Couple things; Brownies are light blue at 85, perhaps you're thinking of wind nymphs instead? Also, aaxp bonus continues to 1250, not 1000.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Wow there's no xp bonus currently? New aa's, thaumatize pet, dd pots, and ata rk3 are helping a lot then. I took 6 months off during the summer/fall, and returned about a week before UF came out. Last spring I would clear outside of beza (skipping all mino's) and then do the first 4-6 mobs inside before lesson would end (about 6-7aa average). Now I'm doing the same (but adding DB mino's), and clearing the entire first floor (except the rooms by the ramp with lame pathing), then heading into the basement for one last "let's go nuts - silent casting - DA pet - host - twincast - i think i still have a little mana left and i can always gate" pull.

I might try zeka again, but I did it for a month or so and the beefier hp's didn't really make up for the slightly better xp solo.

[EDIT] Since I'm bored i'll post a play by play of my typical lesson run:

- Prebuffs while sitting in lobby, I have 2 accounts but rarely box:
Full set of self buffs on pet, including the usual suspects + pyroshroud, aegis, all AA's (FBO, Fort, Blessing, 2nd spire). Dire, foresight, lasstitude, panther. If i'm going to be doing a second run later with bard following around leeching, I'll hit quicktime, fierce eye, 3rd bard spire, epic, etc while he's sitting in lobby. Merc cleric buffs.

- Spells [all rk2 unless noted]:
RmS
RcS
AtAnomalus rk3
AtAberrant
Bolt
Fickle
Malosinia (yeah the um PoP? one)
Promised rk3
Utility (rod/ds/rathe's)
Siphon
Thuamatize
twincast rk3

[note the lack of jolt, I spent too much time rotating in fickle/bolt for the AtA's pre-12 spell slots to mem it occasionally. I will sometimes drop it in the utility slot, but usually i'm just too lazy]

- Off to beza, horsie, bst crack pot, enc crack pot if i don't have better, magic dd pot, unsuspend pet and pull the 2 pathers on the right by static mino, pet tap and rathe's strength, pop lesson when both mobs are just about dead. Twincast the mino down [while keeping los on a steamwork for gom gargs] and then work on the single pulls in front of tower. Refresh FBO as soon as it fades, after they're all dead click host on the 2-3 pop on the ledge in front of tower. Host OT's 1 or 2, keep burning. Twincast refreshes so kill the 2 guarding door to tower. Then it's the 2 pathers on the left, using CoA robe click followed by SoD robe click when 2nd FBO wears off [click these again whenever they refresh], then up to the garden.

- Clear garden of single/double pulls, now move to mino's. Skip the LB ones, by this time FBO is generally up again, and twincast will refresh during the mino slaughter. After done with mino's move NE around the back of tower, killing the 2 gnomes/steamworks by mino's, and the 3 pathers on the east side.

- Now I'll be back to the door, and usually oom. Med break, refresh Fort/DS, new rod. Now stand to the side of door, open it, and send pet at the first mob behind the door. Burn it down, and check what's inside, you can usually get 1 single, but if not, I'll pop host again on the brownie/steamwork, twincast and burn those 2 down. Probably get the gnome and/or spider add from left side room during the fight, OT with a garg. If you get another pathing add from the large room on right, use blessing or loh.

- After that chaos, you can pull from the room on the right (with the ramp going up/down and connecting rooms), pull to where you just killed the brownie and friends, you'll get a max of 3, 4 if you're unlucky and the servant has pathed out from the far connecting room. Depending on how many activated aa's you just burned, you can either pull the lot of them, or wait until you'll just get 1-2. FBO is generally good again by this time, so I usually go nuts again at this point, clearing the pathing mobs in room.

- Should be in the big room now, cleared of pathers, and with a static red steamwork hiding behind the corner by the ramp to basement, and 2 statics sitting in front of ramp going up. If you have gom available, or lots of mana remaining, pull the 2 statics with a garg and burn em down. If not, kill the single steamwork around the corner. Twincast up again, so now kill the 2 statics if skipped them earlier, otherwise kill the roamer on the ramp going down.

- About this time i'll have 1-3 minutes left on lesson, depending on how fast i killed. I'll either go up and kill the 3-4 mobs on upper ramp enroute to the lev-dropping ramp. If i didnt burn twincast on the 2 statics, i'll go into basement and go berserk for the last couple minutes.

With theft of essence maxed out, I generally only use 2-3 promised heals per lesson, usually during the mino phase. Other than that, pet LoH and blessing during the multipull parts where host/garg isn't OT'ing something. For reference, I'm just shy of 4k aa, and have most of the important UF aa's done, except CA/CS/mystical attuning. Group gear with raid unlocked void stuff (EM6), and the aforementioned CoA robe (that took 2 years of one run/week to win the random on), 29k unbuffed.

Good for about 9aa on the low end (unlucky with goms, not the greatest buffs, or the mino's had wheaties), 10 average, up to 11 or so on the high end (gom gom gom gom + raid buffed).

-nako/saryrn
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Redius wrote:
Voragath wrote:I was able to get about 5-6 on brownies pre 1k aa's and pre-raid gear but that was also pre 85; the aaxp isn't great now because they are green.

<snip>

My guess is that pally also didn't mention he has less than 1000 aa's which is where the bonus lies; once you hit 1000 aa's, the bonus is gone.

Couple things; Brownies are light blue at 85, perhaps you're thinking of wind nymphs instead? Also, aaxp bonus continues to 1250, not 1000.
1250 now, eh? And here I thought it was my imagination with my bard aaxp lol Where'd they mention it because I missed it? Another player and I were guessing 1200 for UF so we didn't do too bad at guessing it. Good stuff, thanks Redius!

And green...hmm...probably right on the fairies. Been quite sometime since being there. Actually, I'd probably still go there if they weren't so spread out and so small because they are some really easy kills. Like another paw at that spot :D
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

At 81 I can pull in 7-9 a lesson at Katta, though I only have around 700 AA so I'm still getting the bonus. Spire servant 81 air pet with ToE 6 can tank 6-7 at a time so long as you get decent ToE procs, and for those times you don't, well, that's what mend companion and companion's blessing are for. What I typically do is (from the main ramp to the first level) snag the two to my right, then the front left corner on the tier above, the back left corner from the tier above, and then the 4 at the top and let my pet tank all those at once and burn hard. If GoM procs I'll sic a RS on one of the less-hurt mobs so RS offtanks a little of the damage, and then when pet kills its current target go for that one next. After those 8 I go for the remaining two on the upper tier, then drop down and take the two in the back right, one in the back left, and finally the two to the left of the ramp. Then I'm back at start, med up, and then do it all again. The initial 8 can be rough and I often have to blow either blessing or mend, but with DS and burning aura going it works well, and they start to fall like dominoes. If GoM procs when not on the initial 8 I summon a fresh ice clicky which I weave in while doing the 8. When I finish a clearing I usually have about 30 seconds before repops, but I've tried clearing them as they pop after that and it doesn't work well.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So tonight I tried beza again. All in all I got 6.59 AA in a 30 minute lesson burn. Although once in awhile I ran away from my normal pet for one reason or another most of the time I was close enough to the mobs to get all the data. As I said, EM2 focus and 1250 aa's now.

3,129,595 Total damage
8 Rumbling Servants Rk. 2
4 Rancorous Servants
60 AtAbberant 2
68 AtAnomalous
42 Fickle Blaze 2
50 Bolt of Molten Socria 2

Two times I took an ooc regen med break back to full mana. When I had about 3 minutes left on lesson I ran out of mana again and took a mini med break to get just enough mana to finish off lotd with a quick hard burn on a couple of mino's.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Since editing gets all funky I'll post a second time. :)

Tonight I decided to try Thallassius to see if things are better or worse. During a 30 minute lesson burn I got exactly 6 aa's. Not that much of a difference from last night in Beza. However tonight I got a lot more gom procs which means more gargoyles. Here's a quick rundown for tonight:

3,961,336 Total damage
13 Rumbling Servants Rk. 2
6 Rancorous Servants
71 AtAbberant 2
59 AtAnomalous
27 Fickle Blaze 2
30 Bolt of Molten Socria 2

So this hotzone all of a sudden doesn't look soo hot to me. Back to beza to see if I can pull 7 or more aa's. Either that or go back and play my sk and get 9+ in the hole with next to no effort. :shock: