EQ Down Time

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: EQ Down Time

Post by svenalo »

Well now we know that for stateside folks they MIGHT have gotten names, addresses, phone, emails, account login, and the hash of the password (not the password itself). Not good but not as bad as it could have been...
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

svenalo wrote:Well now we know that for stateside folks they MIGHT have gotten names, addresses, phone, emails, account login, and the hash of the password (not the password itself). Not good but not as bad as it could have been...
Notice each time they say something it gets a bit worse. They are admitting a bit more and more. Given that there is a lot for the CC's PIN number included I've already requested my CC to be changed. I'm not going to risk it based on the word of freaking SoE. Enough personal information is out that identity theft becomes a complete joke.

SoE will NEVER (IMHO) admit they lost peoples CC info, doing so would put them at great liability to millions of people. Also consider this, even though they say the information is encrypted, who knows what level encryption was used. They said the same about WPA2 and look what the rainbow tables did for that... :P

Savil

Well, after reading the last update I'm shocked they admitted as much as they did about the older CC database. Maybe they will surprise us yet and take a bit of responsibility for this.
Sarumaun

Post by Sarumaun »

UPDATE, 6:41 p.m. PDT, May 3: SOE spokewoman Taina Rodriguez told The San Diego Union-Tribune that the network will be shut down until Friday and possibly longer.

Well more Gran Turismo in my future /sigh
jonny123
Trial Member

Post by jonny123 »

UPDATE, 6:41 p.m. PDT, May 3: SOE spokewoman Taina Rodriguez told The San Diego Union-Tribune that the network will be shut down until Friday and possibly longer.

omg what is one to do might have to dl wow for a few days its already been to long
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

jonny123 wrote:UPDATE, 6:41 p.m. PDT, May 3: SOE spokewoman Taina Rodriguez told The San Diego Union-Tribune that the network will be shut down until Friday and possibly longer.

omg what is one to do might have to dl wow for a few days its already been to long
RIFT is getting a lot of attention, especially on the evilgamer.net boards. You might check it out.
jonny123
Trial Member

Post by jonny123 »

any eta or info on sites i can find info on d t
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

I haven't yet because I am leaving for a business trip on Monday, but half my guild is on Rift now too... We even have a "Rift" thread in our guild forum ^^
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

Looks like it might be down til the end of the month.... *sigh*

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 54048.html
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

My question after reading that is are the SOE folks going to be offered the same identify theft insurance package (one year coverage, covers up to a million bucks damage) that the PSN folks are getting or not.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Savil wrote:Given that there is a lot for the CC's PIN number included I've already requested my CC to be changed. I'm not going to risk it based on the word of freaking SoE. Enough personal information is out that identity theft becomes a complete joke.
I agree with this. I requested my debit card and credit cards all be changed a few days ago. The bank tried to reassure me that they would cover any fraudulent charges under their existing identity protection services, but why would anyone risk, even the remote possibility, that something might happen?

I'd rather be cautious than find that someone, six months from now, purchased a house or car under my name across the country.