Comin back from a nice break.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Comin back from a nice break.

Post by Piemastaj »

Finishing the Rathe theme in SoD is what gives you the best merc. You shouldn't need to do anything other then those tasks.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Piemastaj wrote:Finishing the Rathe theme in SoD is what gives you the best merc. You shouldn't need to do anything other then those tasks.
Don't the rathe tasks req level 80 to request? If that's the case then it may be worth working on the earlier progression in SoD for rank 2-4 Jmercs if you want to stay at 76 for example to flush out some AAs..
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

you only need to do warrens theme to get a t5 merc. it will be a tough one to solo with a mage. we don't have the tools for the pulling required to finish the last two tasks from ylatra. the good news is that it's become a fav spot for rangers headshooting. you might get lucky and be able to get some easy kill credits if ya show up at the right time and run into a friendly ranger. my sk alt had a tough time tanking in tosk and warrens until 85ish iirc, so it'll be a few before you can handle even the beginning tasks molo. the cool thing about the mercenaries is that you don't have to do the zone progressions in order. the oceangreen theme opens up t2 mercs, kith opens up t3, fos t4, and warrens t5. i had a good time in kith around your level on the sk, but named were kinda rough. if you plan to dropping to a silver account for ftp, those accounts are limited to apprentice mercs.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

If you are level 95 with a 95 pet, the warrens tasks are trivial.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

true, it is trivial for me. it may not be trivial for the op.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

just a question but where/what is AG?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ashengate
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Potawatomi wrote:just a question but where/what is AG?
If you don't have a guild hall (in other words can't start in gorukar mesa) it would be like this.

PoKnowledge===> Blightfire (crescent reach stone)====> Gorukar Mesa =====> Sunderrock springs ====> Direwind ====> Ashengate

Ashengate is an end game group zone of the TSS expansion, and currently a level 80 hotzone. Mobs there are relatively tough, and hit for ~1700ish IIRC.
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

Hiyas folks and thanks so much for the good advice, I really appreciate it!

My apologies for not responding sooner but I'm sort of a 'weekend warrior' at the moment since I just made a major work commitment a few weeks ago that is taking tons of my time during the week.

I got my Fire Core AA's up until level 76 and actually had the chance to use it on a named. It seems pretty sweet, I think I've seen times where it increased my base damage type nukes by about 500 - 1000 damage... but that's nothing scientific so I may be a bit off with my numbers. I think most of the rest of the stuff is to build up ca/cs, shield block, and persistant casting. Any other AA'S in there that you guys think I should get? Here's my magelo

I went and purchased some glowing sleeves of the level 71 req. kind. They were pretty sweet with the focus increase and actually nice upgrades all around. I am a little strapped for plat so I'll wait on the hat for a bit.

I finished my challenge for Ashengate, which was to be able to solo wo/merc in to the elementals without a death and to get both the boss aug drop from the golem guy and the zone wide rare aug drop, so was pretty happy with that and ready to move on. I've moved to OGH and the kills there are pretty easy but it's still challenging due to the plethora of roaming adds that have caught me unaware at times, so I'm still having fun and have realized the need for ca/cs, etc, lol.

I see that the glowing things drop in Blackburrow off of the OGH zone so I'll be working the progession quests in OGH until I can get into BB and then farm that place until I get almost all of my armor slots filled with upgrades unless you guys think there's a better place to get upgrades.

Anyways, enough typing for me, back to playing! Thanks again for all the help guys, I do appreciate it! :D
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

I would caution you against expecting to get Glowing Athlai armor drops in Old Blackburrow. Those drops come from Reinforced Blackburrow which was a high level variant of Blackburrow only up during limited periods. Check Allakhazam for details. With any luck we might see those temporary zones return during the post f2p introduction or upcoming EQ anniversary.

There are some upgrades available for you between OGH/OGV and OBB. Archaic cloth and some other pieces.