Arcane distillect, Broken?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Re: Arcane distillect, Broken?

Post by Vincentt »

^ 1000% right.
But a boy can dream.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

I never use arcane distillect, because its centered around you and I am many times not in range of the pets. I end up using rathes strength, which is centered on my pet, who is always in range of my garg etc.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

micker wrote:I never use arcane distillect, because its centered around you and I am many times not in range of the pets. I end up using rathes strength, which is centered on my pet, who is always in range of my garg etc.
Assuming you are aware here so this info is just for those who might not be aware.

You should really always be close enough to use AD because this minimizes lost dps due to RS travel time and maximizes the crappy damage you get from hitting thaumatize pet. Also, many pet abilities and clickies require you to be very close (about the range of AD). Only in events where there is lots of movement away from the mob (emotes making you run away, for example) or where short range AE's are just not possible to survive are the only times you should be so far out that AD isn't landing on your pet.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Cielli wrote:Honestly, they could just implement an in-game parser that displays total dmg after each fight... they won't though, would hurt too many people fweewings :p & create constant balance/class fighting, & as a strong group/burst class, most of it would probably be directed at us.
I hope they never do implement and ingame parser. In WoW, it completely destroys and teamwork, cause everyone only cares about their number that everyone else can see now
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Or you have 25 DPS classes holding your guild back and now you can see who the dickheads are. Or same goes for healing, it actually encourages people to play better and for more teamwork to occur because you need to time things out to maximize your char.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Piemastaj wrote:Or you have 25 DPS classes holding your guild back and now you can see who the dickheads are. Or same goes for healing, it actually encourages people to play better and for more teamwork to occur because you need to time things out to maximize your char.
It always amused me when I ranked near the top in guild DPS on fights where medical conditions forced me to AFK briefly.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

It's great for measuring applicants. Also a great way to stay focused during 11 month farm periods.

Even nicer for trimming fat off your roster.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I love parsers. No better way in my mind to push my class. Most of my guild hates it because the 'epeen' argument. I personally agree with pie. It's a great way to see how many people are subpar. Shows where someone might need help in their class. It also shows consistency, good and bad. Can't have 5 dpsers continuously doing 11k on burns and not feel like their being carried.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

I also agree with Pie, a parser shows me where I'm at and what I can do to improve. The whole epeen argument is really stupid anyway. We're mages. We are made to DPS.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I tend to agree ( that I would like to have an autmoatic parser in game ). It would be nice to have an ACCURATE parse, too. ( not parses from players which may or not parse correctly or be in range to parse certain damage )

That's not to say it doesn't have it's drawbacks. One of our best damage spells is a Damage shield, I already don't use it in raids ( cept before an encounter ) for this very reason, The damage won't show as mine, so I'll throw a nuke or servant instead ( I'm also an app, so parsing well is important to me atm ). But I think you'd see a lot more of that sort of behavior with many classes and many spells, an emphasis on parsing best, which doesn't necesarily equate to playing your best.