Air and Runners

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Conjure FV
Trial Member

Air and Runners

Post by Conjure FV »

I like the idea of using Air for soloing, but I am in a spot at 59 where runners are bad news, jack, so I feel like I am compelled to use Earth for the root.

When I am super on it, I can nuke down runners, and anticipate, but sometimes this is imperfect due to geometry, fizzle, interrupt, etc.

Is there every any kind of reliable snaring mechanic for a mage? Can I get an item with snare click, or is it even worth it?

I guess I don't like the idea of giving up the 3 other pets every time there is a danger of runners picking up adds, so I assume that there is some approach out there to handle it.

Thanks.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Air and Runners

Post by Tweelis »

I'd suggest finding a zone where you don't have to deal with runners.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Murphy's Law, even if you have a earth pet it won't root it when you need it LOL. Just have a smaller nuke up maybe for finishing. Only 2 root items I know about are the ring of living slime.....good luck getting that. Or the item from zeka. Either way root won't help you much, dds break them. At that level go to a water pet for backstab perhaps. Maybe try giving your pet a snare weapon, I know some items have been fixed to avoid that because it makes us to user but ill bet there's something
Last edited by Summerfrost on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

When I got tired of runners causing me trains, I went to a non-runner camp.

You can also try timing your nukes, iirc i would nuke at 22% to finish them off around that level.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Give plane of hate a try. You can get a soulstone from the guild hall and port straight up there. No runners iirc. The cleric mobs can be a headache due to ch but all in all it's a fun place to hunt with lots of good gem drops.
Conjure FV
Trial Member

Post by Conjure FV »

Thanks for the responses.

I have been using Air, and trying to just pay more attention and nuke very precisely potential runners, and it's holding up ok. I am thinking of pushing up to 61 real quick so that I can have such a big bump in pet level for getting those 59's faster.
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

Edited(Danille)

both these i use on my pet and they process a snare, so they dont run .. these can be found in baz im sure . or set up a /buyer or wtb in general chat if you cannot camp it ..
Last edited by Danille on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

nerf coming! please delete the above post or devs will make those weapons No Pet flagged.
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

I have been using those weapons for well over 5+ years if not longer i'm sure they are aware of those being pet useable.. i have a few others weapons in my bag of tricks to , send me a tell ingame if you like an idea ....
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

There used to be a cleric hammer that proced a grp heal from DSH I think. That was fun in the early days