Infected paw the complete set up

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
manaburn
Trial Member

Infected paw the complete set up

Post by manaburn »

hello there everyone i have a level 80 magician with somewhere around 350 aa most of which is in my air pet. This is my first magician and i am a silver member with outdated dsh gear/ elegent set up so mana pool isnt very deep. there was a new video posted on youtube about infected paw where this guy literally slays the hell out of elementals and gets 20+ aa in the video in 30 min. I did my best to copy his instruction but it was hard to make out all he was saying. from what I understood he was level 81. I currently have theft of essance maxed and elemental agility and mitigation aa, like i said before all my aa is mostly into my pet i bought turn summoned which sadly has a timer of like 4 min so its effective but not as crazy effective as I hoped spell wise the guy uses promised recovery combined with theft of essance which I copied and he seems to have 2 anti summoned nuke spells he uses which i could only find one. My main question is do I have everything? when i went to zone I didnt do as well as I hoped, I was expecting to literally destroy elementals like this guy, ive looked all over online for a complete written guide on what a magician needs to grind some serious aa in infected paw please tell me what aa i need what spells need to be memorised and perhaps what buffs my pet needs before going in to slay im pretty sure I have most of it but my lack of dps per mana consumed left me with a feeling that perhaps I was missing some kind of spell or ability thanks guys!
Vincentt
Conjurer

Re: Infected paw the complete set up

Post by Vincentt »

To do what he did is not difficult, I've seen the video. Keep in mind he's had a lot (A LOT) of practice. And the key difference is he probably has 1000 more AAs. But despair not.

You won't be able to do what he did without the complete pet heal, but frankly you don't have to. Your 76 air pet (or 79 earth pet) can hold their own just fine against small trains. I went to paw at 77, 600 AAs, and here's my method:

- As tempting as it is, don't overpull. Your pet (with max ToT) can handle 8-10 mobs comfortably.
- Key to dmg is dmg shield, it does most of the work. Try to get a mgb high end DS in lobby (slot 1 DS). Get ranger's cloak (slot 2 DS).
- After you tag mobs, use companion's relocation to place your pet properly facing all mobs.
- You'll need these AA's: Fortify companion, FBO, Companion's Blessing, Replenish Companion.
- You will get hit in that place, bring potions to heal, have some defensive aa's.
- Turn summoned is useless.

Once you're up to speed with AAs you should be able to do 25AAs per lotd burn in there.

Hope this helps.
V
manaburn
Trial Member

Post by manaburn »

excellent ty so much it all made sence but can u explain what pet tot is please, as far as nukes go what spells should i have that work well here? should I worry about them? or just let pet combined with ds literally destory everything "Fortify companion, FBO, Companion's Blessing, Replenish Companion" I have fortify companion excellent mitigation what is FBO? im assuming companions blessing and replenish companion are healing aa do thease use mana? sorry for all the questions im just a big noob i actually got to level 81 for the new air pet as the guy in the video was 81. is rangers cloak a ranger stacking ds buff?
tatanka7th

Post by tatanka7th »

I think he meant ToE, not ToT, for Theft of Essence. When fighting summoned mobs, this is huge. You casting anti-summoned spell on mob can get the ToE buff on your pet, which, among other things, is like 25% chance to dodge attacks.

FBO is frenzied burnout. Stacks on top of regular burnout, it's V3 haste (overhaste) and some other stats. Lasts for short while, so you can't keep it up all the time.

Companion's Blessing and Replenish Companion >are< AAs, they are for healing pets, and they don't cost any mana.

Tat
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Yes, ToT was a typo, meant ToE.

Yes Ranger cloak (of feathers or burs etc.) stacks with your own mage DS. It also gives an AC boost. The only nuke you will use is the anti-summoned ones. They efficiently heal your pet while being near-never resisted. With ToE your pet gets a heal and mitigation and dmg boost.

FBO will up your pet's dmg immensely for ~ 2 mins. It's really for fluff in Paw and you can do without it. But you will need Fortify and the healing AAs to survive the nice big trains. Don't forget Shared Health (level 2 a must) comes in handy.

V
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Hey there :) I made the video and like people said I did have 1.2k AA's at the time I believe. I was able to do it that fast once I got ToE, pet heal, and pet DS, I wish I could give you more detail but I just got back from an afk and I don't know if there is a pet only DS or I'm making that up. At any rate I would just summon my air pet afk for the night in the loby come back with all the buffs and go to the paw. There start with 3 mobs and see how well you can keep your pet up trowing a few ToE nukes (remember the point is having them die to a ds not your dmg). From there I started adding one extra mob. I think I stopped at 8 for a long time because if I die I loose all my buffs and there's nothing worse than that for a solo dude in a dead server.

so:
Air pet buffed over night, pull 3 mobs, nuke with ToE proccing nukes, keep DS up(the feedback one), also keep the delayed heal up. If the pet didnt enrage it means it can handle one more mob, rinse and repeat.
For AA's I bought pet mitigation > pet health > pet dps.

I hope I was able to help some, I'm better at showing things than explaining them hehehe, I'f I ever recover that account I'll upload more videos.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Did I mention Iceflame pet buff? That's pretty important. Get that if you don't have it.