Will one healer be enough for this 6 box? (no mercs)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Kronozon
Trial Member

Will one healer be enough for this 6 box? (no mercs)

Post by Kronozon »

I decided on my 6 box group which consists of 3 mages, a bard, a wizard and a shaman. My question is, will just the one Shaman healing be enough? If not, I was considering substituting a druid for the Wizard. I want ports available for sure (and an easy to cast snare), it is much easier to keep a boxed group together with them, so a Wizard or a Druid will be a must.
Last edited by Kronozon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Re: Will one healer be enough for this 6 box? (no mercs)

Post by Vincentt »

Mages can heal their own pets. Methinks you'll be using shm for buffs and slows only.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Mages should be nuking, shaman should be healing. And, I would say one shaman is plenty of heals for normal experience mobs. If you happen to run into a named that is too hard, break your group up into 2 groups, then they can bring up a merc or 2 in each group for heals.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

It will be fairly easy if you have at least two air pets with stun to keep the mob from hitting very often. Another option would be to use two fire pets and one earth pet. If the earth pet can keep the mob rooted and off the fire pets you'll be golden (maybe try the agro swords) but the fire pets might get creamed once they get high enough of the aggro meter.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Go 2 mages Necro bard wiz and sham. Necros can help with heals and add great dps
Last edited by Summerfrost on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

Shaman have an amazing group heal over time spell (equal to clerics) as well as a group direct heal (from voa era) if you work both of those heals into a hotkey so that the shaman casts his group heal over time then does a /pause 60 and casts his group direct heal you pretty much are invincible just by doing that against non named mobs. Some named mobs might require slightly more healing but that hotkey will cover 90 percent of your boxing needs for heals.
Last edited by Falore on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.