Pet Affinity

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Sinimage

Pet Affinity

Post by Sinimage »

HI All,

Can someone please explain why clickies do not affect or land on our pet?

Im confused i thought any buff than i can cast on me would go through to my pet?

This is would like to find some extra DS clickies or AC clickies for my pet, but dont wanna waste the time if they wont work for him.

Cheers
Graeme
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Pet Affinity

Post by Tweelis »

It only works for group buffs, not all buffs. For instance, if somebody casts gallantry on you they'll also have to cast it on your pet seperately because gallantry is a single shot buff. However if you get hand of gallantry cast on you then since hand of gallantry is a group buff it'll also hit your pet.
Sinimage

Post by Sinimage »

i thought it was any buff cast on myself.

Cheers.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

As Tweelis said, Your pet will only get a buff if it is cast on them individually or someone casts the group version of the spell and your pet is near the caster. Just because you get hit with a symbol, does not mean your pet will get it, so make sure to request seperate buffs for your pet when you get buffs. Pet affinity allows the group thing to take affect, before that AA you needed to get buffs casted individually on your pet but now group buffs and or Mass Group Buffs will now hit your pet also (as long as the pet is in range that is).

Clickies only work if they are like our epic where the buff directly goes to our pets. All of those AC clickies and everything go only directly to the caster who casts them which would be yourself. The pet does not get those cast on them so it would be a waste of your time to farm those clickies if your doing it to help your pet, they will only work for you.

Hope that helps :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Ok, quick question about this AA. Does this also make our swarm pets a valid target for group buffs? For example on a raid, could you time it so all mages (and anything else with swarm style pets and pet affinity) cast their pets at the same time and have a chanter MGB haste?
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Merlaina wrote:Ok, quick question about this AA. Does this also make our swarm pets a valid target for group buffs? For example on a raid, could you time it so all mages (and anything else with swarm style pets and pet affinity) cast their pets at the same time and have a chanter MGB haste?
Yes, it works on regular pets as well as temporary pets.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Falino-Luclin wrote:
Merlaina wrote:Ok, quick question about this AA. Does this also make our swarm pets a valid target for group buffs? For example on a raid, could you time it so all mages (and anything else with swarm style pets and pet affinity) cast their pets at the same time and have a chanter MGB haste?
Yes, it works on regular pets as well as temporary pets.
MGB yes, TGB no. Swarm pets don't count as group members, so they don't get buffs that are cast just on your group (bard songs etc).