Another ancient mage returns

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Quey

Another ancient mage returns

Post by Quey »

Hello everyone, just refound this site (ty Danielle for linking it on the eq forums btw) but it seems completely different and my username didn't exist anymore, where did the old iconboard thingy site go to??

And anyways hello Mages! Been gone too long so ill be throwing out all kinds of newb questions and trying to find Tweelis in game and Zatul if either are still around, I play on Saryrn server if any out there are new and wanna talk mages ingame etc.

BTW mage is close to 80 and I won't be raiding, any thoughts on bazaar pet foci I need to keep my eye out for?
cowerdown

Re: Another ancient mage returns

Post by cowerdown »

Once you hit 80, get yourself some brews from MM's and buy one. I got EMII for my beast for 21 brews if I remember correctly.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Howdy stranger.

Yea I still play but it's pretty limited. Just a hint or two:

Get your level 81 air pet and go live in splitpaw for as long as you can stand while grinding aa's. You won't ever seen xp flow like that again for the rest of your EQ time.

I haven't seen Zatul in forever but then again chances are he and I don't play at the same time these days.

Do what cowerdown said and do classic monster missions for your enhanced minion 2 focus. Here's a thread concerning monster missions and easy ways to do them. http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now that you're back maybe some of the drops I get that rot won't be rotting soo much. Just last night we had a greenfield victorine rot which made me cry.
Quey

Post by Quey »

Hey there Buddy, cool thanks yeah i've gotta fix up my ui and get maps installed and then will try to be on all day fri and sat.

Where do you get that mission started you linked? (and hey is it a MM where i become a class? if not i guess i can get a merc?)
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Old Man Mackenzzie is in the bar in PoK. Just use find and he should be on the list. I've only done a couple of missions, both in Sol B. Typically there's lots of people around the area looking to add other people so it shouldn't be a problem getting as many as you want.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

just make sure you get a "good" char that can cast invis for the live side guk missions, a char that can cast IVU for the dead side guk missions, and just any char that can cast invis for the solb missions. Other than that, just follow what folks are doing!
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

well ,u can get minion 2 (void-E ) if you doing SOD progressions tasks ,and at the same time if u want to get a better merc (tier 5 is much better than the tier 1 ) u will need to do them anyway.and if u can even do the void F it give u minion 3 access...
ps: think there is a named in UF who can drop a minion 4 or 5 also,
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

You can get EM4 in Cooling Chambers off a named, and EM5 in Underquarry - look on Raspers.