Need some AA advice.

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Need some AA advice.

Post by Tweelis »

Looking for AA advice. I typically solo, sometimes group and rarely raid. More often than not I'm in Beza or Thallassius grinding aa's The last time I got advice here it was great advice so I'm coming back looking for more input. The aa's in my magelo are current as of today so any constructive input would be greatly appreciated. Magelo here: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/402042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Combat Agility 9/33 5
Combat Stability 8/33 5
Innate Regeneration 3/25 3
Innate Run Speed 5/5 -
Mystical Attuning 5/12 5
Natural Durability 3/6 2
New Tanaan Crafting Mastery 6/6 -
Planar Power 5/20 5
Quick Draw 2/2 -

Companion's Alacrity 3/3 -
Companion's Blessing 5/9 9
Companion's Durability 9/9 -
Companion's Fury 3/3 -
Destructive Fury 12/12 -
Fortify Companion 6/6 -
Fury of Magic 13/15 10
Gate 1/1 -
Gift of Amazing Exquisite Radiant Mana 1/1 -
Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana 1/1 -
Gift of Mana 3/3 -
Gift of Radiant Mana 1/1 -
Group Perfected Levitation 0/1 12
Hastened Companion's Blessing 0/3 5
Hastened Forceful Rejuvenation 0/3 5
Hastened Fortify Companion 3/3 -
Hastened Silent Casting 0/8 6
Innate Enlightenment 5/5 -
Mastery of the Past 0/15 3
Mental Clarity 1/23 4
Mental Stamina 0/10 5
Mnemonic Retention 4/4 -
Perfected Levitation 0/1 7
Persistent Casting 0/9 3
Persistent Minion 1/1 -
Pet Affinity 1/1 -
Secondary Forte 0/1 9
Shield Block 0/6 3
Silent Casting 0/5 5
Spell Casting Deftness 0/3 2
Spell Casting Expertise 1/3 4
Spell Casting Fury 3/3 -
Spell Casting Mastery 3/3 -
Spell Casting Reinforcement 0/3 2
Spell Casting Subtlety 7/12 9
Summon Companion 1/1 -
Suspended Minion 2/2 -

Acute Focus of Arcanum 0/1 9
Advanced Pet Discipline 2/2 -
Arcane Whisper 0/3 9
Aspect of Zomm 0/1 3
Call Hither 0/3 2
Call of the Hero 0/1 6
Companion of Necessity 1/2 6
Companion's Agility 3/6 9
Companion's Gift 0/12 3
Companion's Relocation 1/1 -
Dimensional Instability 0/1 7
Elemental Agility 3/3 -
Elemental Alacrity 13/20 12
Elemental Durability 3/3 -
Elemental Form: Air 0/3 3
Elemental Form: Earth 0/3 3
Elemental Form: Fire 1/3 6
Elemental Form: Water 0/3 3
Elemental Fury 20/20 -
Elemental Pact 1/1 -
Extended Burnout 9/9 -
Extended Rumbling Servant 1/1 -
Extended Shared Health 0/3 3
Extended Swarm 3/3 -
Fire Core 3/4 9
Focus of Arcanum 0/1 9
Forceful Rejuvenation 0/1 7
Force of Elements 0/3 7
Frenzied Burnout 2/3 10
Fundament: First Spire of the Elements 3/3 -
Fundament of Intellect 3/9 1
Fundament: Second Spire of the Elements 0/3 5
Fundament: Third Spire of the Elements 0/3 5
Group Perfect Invisibility 1/1 -
Hastened Burnout 0/5 5
Hastened Fortify Companion 0/3 5
Hastened Host of the Elements 1/5 5
Hastened Mass Group Buff 0/3 8
Hastened Mending 3/3 -
Hastened Rumbling Servant 3/3 -
Heart of Flames 1/1 -
Heart of Ice 0/1 9
Heart of Stone 0/1 9
Heart of Vapor 0/1 9
Host of the Elements 12/15 10
Ice Core 0/4 9
Improved Reclaim Energy 0/1 3
Malosinete 1/1 -
Mass Group Buff 0/1 9
Mend Companion 1/1 -
Perfected Invisibility 1/1 -
Pet Discipline 1/1 -
Quick Damage 3/3 -
Quickened Suspend Minion 1/3 2
Quick Summoning 3/3 -
Replenish Companion 6/6 -
Servant of Ro 6/15 12
Shared Health 0/5 5
Shifting Elements 0/3 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement Artistry 0/1 8
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery 0/1 8
Stone Core 0/4 9
Sturdy Companion 1/6 7
Summoner's Beckon 0/1 3
Theft of Essence 6/6 -
Turn Summoned 0/8 3
Twincast 0/3 7
Vapor Core 0/4 9
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Need some AA advice.

Post by Sillaen »

There are quite a few you have left to work on.

Some of the must haves/need to finish out, in no particular order:

Pet defensives
Fury of Magic
Secondary Forte
Shield Block
Focus of Arc
Forceful Rejuv
Twincast
2nd spire
Mental Stamina
Planar Power
Spell casting reinforcement line
Host
Servant

Some nice fluffs to have
Perfect Levi
Group Perfect Levi
Summoner's beckon
CoTH
Aspect of Zomm
Origin

I'm sure there are more, but that's a start.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Origin? Really? I mean maybe I can see this if you do lots of cultural tradeskilling, but what other benefit is there? I have no desire to go back to Erudin. The only benefit I could see is if it actually ports me to Tox near the PoK book, in which case it'd be handy as a one off port to PoK. If you have the vet AA throne of heroes though there shouldn't really be a need for this.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Merlaina wrote:Origin? Really? I mean maybe I can see this if you do lots of cultural tradeskilling, but what other benefit is there? I have no desire to go back to Erudin. The only benefit I could see is if it actually ports me to Tox near the PoK book, in which case it'd be handy as a one off port to PoK. If you have the vet AA throne of heroes though there shouldn't really be a need for this.
Yes Origin and yes really. I never said it's a must have, I said it's a nice fulff to have.

For example. My lesson burn spot is in a far away little spot not easily reached by anything so I just bind myself there. I usually burn my lesson prior to raids, then heroes back to lobby to sell, get ready for raid. It is not uncommon to die at least once prior to heroes being back up, so origin comes in handy if you have to banner back quickly. In my case, I origin to Felwithe, zone out to GF and hit PoK stone. I'm back to hall in a minute or 2.
I'm sure you could stock up on QoK and summon the neckpiece to port back to PoK but why waste the pp? Origin is free.
It's also handy to get you to your tribute master.

Besides, what do you say to the person who doesn't have the Heroes vet AA? 7 AA's is nothing these days.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Heya Twee,

The order I would do them in would be something like this:

Companions Agility 4-6
Sturdy Companion 2-6
Force of Elements 1
Fury of Magic 14-15
Secondary Forte
Twincast 1-3
Spell Casting Reinforcement 1-3 + Mastery & Artistry
Shield Block 1-3

Then work on finishing up pet flurries, followed by some self defensives (CA to 18 first), then maybe Mental Clarity followed by Expansive Mind (first 10 I think? whenever it starts costing more than 5 stop) and fluff AA's. CotH is a must if you plan on grouping a bit, frees up a spell slot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ranks 6-20 of PP and 1-10 of Mental Stamina will set you back 125aa's and grant you ~1k mana and ~300hp, with about 20ac and attack. During a 30 minute burn if you med to fom at the halfway point, it'd give you about 2000 more mana per lesson. Maxing Mental Clarity will cost 115aa's and will regen 6900 mana during a lesson. First 10 ranks of Expansive Mind are also 5aa per, and for a total cost of 165aa would grant 9900 mana per 30 min. With everyone talking about ooc regen these days, they are very underrated imo. Sure you should wait till the 1-1.5k aa mark before getting serious about them, but don't underestimate them once you have the essentials.

Ignore 2nd and 3rd Spires for another 1000aa, they're useless (2nd is good for prebuff but nowhere near as good as 1st when actually fighting). Forceful Rejuv is nice too, but kinda redundant now with new RS aa's. Nice for the extra burn dps on a raid but hardly worth the aa's in a solo scenario for another 500-1000aa or so. Focus of Arcanum is also mostly useless solo'ing (outside of UF or T5 SoD, particularly if you mostly fight constructs).

As for Origin, I use it a few times a week for TS'ing or to save a minute when tributing, but don't really touch it other than that. Being a gnome, origin will probably stick you somewhere annoying. As an Erudite I have to zone 3 times to get to PoK :(

[Edit:] Spell Casting Deftness is another nice one to have, 2aa/4aa for rank 1 and 2; 25% spell haste on buffs (+15% or more on foci and 10% cleric haste = 50% hardcap). Great for Aegis and just general buffing convenience. <second edit, removed some misinformation>

-nako/saryrn
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Thanks a bunch for the advice; a nice write-up like that is what I was hoping for. It looks like my next several hundred aa's have just been mapped out for me.

As for the origion AA it would be somewhat useless for me. To get from my guildmaster in Ak Anon to the nearest PoK stone is a pretty heafty hoof. I'm bound at the magus in the GL so if I ever need to get somewhere I just gate and run from there. Thanks for the tip though; it'll be on my "get it eventually" list.
Wazza

Post by Wazza »

Is it possible to change my starting city? I'm currently set to CR, but think that Ak'anon might be better as the POK book is just outside.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Wazza wrote:Is it possible to change my starting city? I'm currently set to CR, but think that Ak'anon might be better as the POK book is just outside.
You can take the pried of discord in the inn to Dranik's Scar by saying "i wish to go" then tell the priest of discord there to "go home" and he will port you to pok. That makes a pretty quick entrance to pok. A good idea since you need to be a gnome to have Ak'anon and csr's hate changing cities (even if they do, it sometimes gets reverted to CR /sigh). So, if you still want Ak'anon, just do a /petition.